Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack
Console 1 ready
Straight out of Abbey Road
Brighten up your life with these classic Abbey Road Studios equalizers!
Meticulously modeled by Softube, the RS127 Rack, RS127 Box, and RS135 deliver the sweetest treble equalization imaginable – the sound of real passive analog circuitry in all its glory.
With the Brilliance Pack, today's DAW-based mix engineers can add all the air and top frequencies they want, without the slightest trace of harshness – just like the world's top engineers at Abbey Road Studios have done on their recordings from the 1960s onwards.
The grey RS127 Rack is the original Abbey Road Studios treble equalizer. It offers a boost or cut of up to 10 dB at 2.1, 3.5 and 10 kHz (or kilocycles per second as they used to be known).
When more units were needed in the studio, the portable green RS127 Box was built. The same circuit was used as in the original RS127, but with the addition of an audio transformer. The engineers quickly discovered that the transformer dramatically altered the sound character and the operating frequencies of the RS127. The frequencies got shifted a bit higher, which is of course also holds true for the plug-in model.
Lastly, the RS135 was created to fill in the frequency gap that the RS127 units left out. It's fixed at 8 kHz, offers boost only and is just as sweet and silky as its siblings.
"Beautiful sounding EQs! I can get all of the sweetness without the harshness. With these EQs I can have my cake and eat it too!"Legendary Mixer for Jay-Z, Beyoncé, James Brown, Jennifer Lopez, etc.
Brighten up your life with these classic equalizers
Meticulously modeled by Softube, the RS127 Rack, RS127 Box and RS135 deliver the sweetest treble equalization imaginable. With the Brilliance Pack, today's DAW-based mix engineers can add all the air and top frequencies they want, without the slightest trace of harshness — just like Abbey Road Studios' engineers have done on their recordings from the 1960s onwards.
The original equalizers were exclusively built in-house by the Abbey Road engineers in the 1960s and quickly became a secret weapon at the studios. Before the plug-in version was released, they had never been available outside of Abbey Road Studios. Softube has faithfully modelled the passive circuitry of the three original units, component by component.
Abbey Road Studios engineers found the presence boxes excellent for guitars, vocals and drums, especially snare and kick drum direct to tape. The units were in constant operation throughout the studios during recording and mixing, used to define the sound of instruments, brighten up the feed to the echo chambers and patch over compressors to create de-essers. They even found their way into the cutting rooms.
- Adds beautiful sounding treble and presence without harshness.
- Three different passive treble equalizers, modeled from Abbey Road Studios' originals.
- The original grey RS127, the green RS127 with added transformer and the 8 kHz only RS135.
- Very low CPU usage.
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.