Sound. Workflow. Control.
A totally unique hybrid between hardware and software, Console 1 gives the best of both worlds, and redefines mixing in the DAW-based studio. Quickly switch between your tracks and control EQ, compressor, gate and more. Mix with the sound of the included Solid State Logic SL 4000 E. Or customize your channels to fit your needs — there are over 70 Console 1 ready plug-ins available from Softube and Universal Audio.
Get the classic SSL crunch and character, straight out of the box. Expand your options with channel strips and plug-ins from Softube and Universal Audio.
Mix faster and better. The intuitive workflow is unique for Console 1, and lets you focus on the music — not the technology.
One control per parameter, no MIDI mapping needed. Console 1 works with any major DAW on the market and offers extra deep integration with select DAWs.
"I'm using Console 1 on pretty much everything I do, and it suits my workflow very well."Rock legend
A modern mixing system
The Console 1 mixing ecosystem is so much more than a simple DAW/plug-in controller. It’s an efficient, elegant, and amazing-sounding modern mixing solution, combining hardware and software to give you the best of both worlds: the versatility, affordability, and usability of in-the-box mixing, alongside the workflow, feel, and focus dedicated hardware can bring.
Console 1 can be used alone, or in combination with the new Console 1 Fader for a tight ‘complete desk’ experience. You can even use multiple Console 1 Fader units to build the ideal workflow for your specific studio.
Console 1 works with every major DAW on the market
Studio One, Cubase, Cakewalk, Reaper, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more. Presonus Studio One, Steinberg Cubase, Cakewalk by Bandlab, and Cockos Reaper feature additional integration: select tracks and control their pan, volume, sends and more directly from the hardware.
Control over 70 plugins by Softube and Universal Audio
Mix and match units from Chandler Limited, Fairchild, Teletronix, Tube-Tech, Abbey Road Studios and many others.
Expansions: add more consoles to your arsenal
In addition to the included SSL 4000 E, there are entire channel strips available, with EQ, compressor, gate and modeled saturation from the original analog hardware.
"Console 1 lets me have the hands-on feel of analog, without losing the flexibility of the digital world. It is the center piece of my hybrid mix room."Seven Grammy awards, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Coldplay
- A unique centerpiece for any DAW based studio.
- Included model of Solid State Logic SL 4000 E console.
- Expand the system with over 70 Console 1 ready plug-ins from Softube and Universal Audio.
- No mouse, no mapping, no hassle.
- Premium quality hardware.
- Control tracking processes with UA Apollo interfaces using Apollo Central mode.
Console 1 is available for both Windows and Mac OS X:
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended.
- 1 powered USB 2.0 compatible port.
- Softube/Gobbler account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading software and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Mac OS X specific
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- 64-bit Windows 7 or newer.
- Intel Core Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
These DAWs support synchronized track selection, solo/mute, DAW send, pan and volume:
- Presonus Studio One 3.3 (VST3).
- Sonar (latest version) (VST3).
- Cockos REAPER 5.50 (VST3).
- Cubase 9.5.10 (VST3)
These DAWs support automatic transfer of the DAW's track name and number to Console 1:
- Presonus Studio One 2.6 (VST3).
- Sonar (VST3).
- Cubase 8.0.5 (VST3).
- Nuendo 6.5 (VST3).
- Logic Pro 10.2 (AU).
- Ableton Live 8.4.1 (AU only, requires that all track names begin with a "# ", note the blank space).
- Digital Performer (AU only).
- Cockos REAPER 5.50 (VST3).
These DAWs support automatic transfer of the DAW's track name (but not number) to Console 1:
- Pro Tools 11.2.1 (AAX)
Console 1 is not available for AAX DSP.