Sound. Workflow. Control.
- A unique hybrid between hardware and software
- Included software emulation of Solid State Logic's SL 4000 E-series console
- Saves time, improves workflow, and helps you make better mixing decisions
Hardware / Ecosystem
A totally unique hybrid between hardware and software, Softube Console 1 gives the best of both worlds, and redefines mixing in the DAW-based studio. Quickly switch between your tracks and control EQ, compressor, gate and more. Mix with the sound of the included Solid State Logic SL 4000 E. Or customize your channels to fit your needs — there are over 70 Console 1 ready plug-ins available from Softube and Universal Audio.
"Console 1 lets me have the hands-on feel of analog, without losing the flexibility of the digital world. It is the center piece of my hybrid mix room."Seven Grammy awards, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Coldplay
SSL SL 4000 E-series included
Get the classic Solid State Logic crunch and character, straight out of the box. Expand your options with channel strips and plug-ins from Softube and Universal Audio.
Mix faster and better
Softube Console 1 has a unique and intuitive workflow, with the best features of both hardware and software mixing. With fewer practical distractions, you can focus on the music, not the technology.
One knob per job
One control per parameter, and no MIDI mapping required. Console 1 works with any major DAW on the market straight out of the box, and offers extra deep integration with select DAWs.
"When Console 1 came it was just like... that's what everyone's been looking for!"Grammy awarded mix engineer for Beyoncé, Jay-Z and The Roots
A Modern Mixing System
The Softube Console 1 mixing ecosystem is so much more than a simple DAW/plug-in controller. It’s an efficient, elegant, and amazing-sounding modern mixing solution, combining hardware and software to give you the best of both worlds: the versatility, affordability, and usability of in-the-box mixing, alongside the workflow, feel, and focus dedicated hardware can bring.
Console 1 can be used alone, or in combination with Console 1 Fader for a tight ‘complete desk’ experience. You can even use multiple Console 1 Fader units to build the ideal workflow for your specific studio.
Console 1 Works With All Major DAWs
With no need for MIDI mapping or assigning, Console 1 works straight out of the box. Studio One, Cubase, Cakewalk/Sonar, Reaper, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more – any host that can run a VST, AU, or AAX plug-in can work with Console 1.
Some hosts offer deeper compatibility, allowing control of the DAW itself from Console 1's hardware. Select tracks and control their pan, volume, sends and more directly from the hardware. Ableton Live, Presonus Studio One, Steinberg Cubase, Cakewalk by BandLab/Sonar, and Cockos Reaper are among these, with more being added regularly.
For a complete list of the features supported by each DAW, check out this chart.
"Console 1 is an elegant solution to a problem I didn't fully realize I had until I started using it. Mixing should be about listening, not mouse clicks and waveforms, and Console 1 brings listening front and center to the mix process. I am looking forward to watching this platform expand."Grammy awarded engineer, Bruce Springsteen, Sarah Brightman, Green Day, Television and Michael Stipe
70+ Softube & UAD plug-ins are 'Console 1 Ready'
Design the ideal desk for any mix, all controllable from the same purpose-built hardware, without mapping. If you own gates, compressors, or equalizers from Softube or Universal Audio, you're already building a collection of amazing options for your Console 1 mixes.
There are more than 70 'Console 1 Ready' plug-ins. Emulations of classic hardware from Chandler Limited, Fairchild, Teletronix, Tube-Tech, Abbey Road Studios, and many others can be substituted for the relevant section of your Console 1 channel strip to create bespoke processing chains on individual tracks, groups, or across the whole mix.
Expansions: Add More
Colors to Your Palette
In addition to the included Solid State Logic SL 4000 E-series console, several other complete channel strips are available, with EQ, compressor, gate and modeled saturation from the original analog hardware. This means you can have several classic analog consoles in a single studio, at a fraction of the footprint, power consumption, and cost, and with none of the maintenance responsibilities.
Treat your tracks to the extreme clarity and bandwidth of the SSL XL 9000 K-series console, for example, or the warmth and weight of the British Class A. Get a big bold modern rock sound from the American Class A, or add smooth, creamy color with the Summit Audio Grand Channel. These can all be added universally across the project, or selectively track by track. Mix strings and vocals with one desk, and the rhythm section with another. It's up to you.
Console 1 Expansions
Console 1 is an expandable platform. Learn more about the add-ons available.
"I'm using Console 1 on pretty much everything I do, and it suits my workflow very well."Rock legend
- A modern mixing system and a unique centerpiece for any DAW based studio
- Includes an officially licensed Solid State Logic SL 4000 E-series console emulation
- Works with all major DAWs straight out of the box – no MIDI-mapping required
- Control 70+ Console 1 Ready plug-ins from Softube and Universal Audio
- Expand your possibilities with premium analog-modeled channel strips from Weiss, Chandler Limited, Summit Audio, and more
- Control tracking with Universal Audio Apollo interfaces using Apollo Central mode
- High quality hardware, designed and built for both feel and function
- Improved workflow: mixing with Console 1 is far more physically intuitive than using a mouse. You'll save time, listen more, and make better mixing decisions
- Use Console 1 alone, or in combination with Softube Console 1 Fader. Learn more about Console 1 Fader
Find a Retailer
Our hardware is available only through our worldwide network of officially registered retailers. Visit one of our online retail partners, including Amazon USA, Sweetwater and Thomann, or use the map below to find your best option locally:
Console 1 is available for both Windows and Mac OS X:
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended.
- 1 powered USB 2.0 compatible port.
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading software and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plug-ins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems though.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible installers).
Mac OS X specific
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- 64-bit Windows 7 or newer.
- Intel Core Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
How does Console 1 and Console 1 Fader integrate with my DAW?
Ableton Live 10.1.9
Cubase 9.5.10 or higher
Reaper 5.50 or higher
Cakewalk by BandLab/Sonar (latest version)
Studio One 3.3 or higher
Ableton Live 8.4.1 or higher
Digital Performer (latest version)
Logic Pro 10.2 or higher
Nuendo 6.5 or higher
Pro Tools 11.2.1 or higher
Synchronized track selection – – – – – Control of DAW volume and pan – – – – – Control of Daw solo and mute – – – – – Control of DAW send levels – – – – – Automatic transfer of track name * Automatic transfer of track number * –
*AU only. Requires that all track names begin with a " # ". Note the blank space.
These DAWs support synchronized track selection, control of DAW volume and pan, control of DAW solo and mute, control of DAW send levels, automatic transfer of track name, and automatic transfer of track number:
- Ableton Live 10.1.9 (VST3)
- Cubase 9.5.10 or higher (VST3)
- Cockos Reaper 5.50 or higher (VST3)
- Sonar (VST3)
- Studio One 3.3 or higher (VST3)
These DAWs support automatic transfer of track name and track number:
- Ableton Live 8.4.1 or higher (Mac/ AU format only. Requires that all track names begin with a " #". Please note the blank space)
- Digital Performer (Mac/AU format only)
- Logic Pro 10.2 or higher (AU)
- Nuendo 6.5 or higher (VST3)
These DAWs support automatic transfer of the DAW's track name:
- Pro Tools 11.2.1 or higher (AAX)
Deeper integration between Console 1/Console 1 Fader and all major DAW:s is definitely something we would like to see. This is something that we must work on together with the different DAW vendors though.
If there's any DAW that you're extra keen to see the DAW control features in, please let us know. It might also be a good idea to contact your DAW vendor and let them know that this is something you'd like to see happen.