Summit Audio Grand Channel
Console 1 ready
Combining the smooth operating EQF-100 parametric passive equalizer with the mild but authoritative TLA-100A compressor, Summit Audio Grand Channel is a highly versatile channel strip that will cover a large part of your mixing needs.
Having the two combined in a single plug-in makes adjustments easier, as you will often find that the compressor affects the equalizer and vice versa. By default, the sound reaches the equalizer before the compressor, but you can easily reverse the order with a single switch.
The Grand Channel combines the warm and smooth tone sculpting Summit Audio EQF-100 Full Range Equalizer with the rich sounding and dead-easy-to-use Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor.
Top of the line compression
The TLA-100A is an ultra-easy to use compressor that never sounds small or constrained. It keeps vocals, acoustic guitars and bass in place in a mild but authoritative manner. On the master bus, it can help a disjointed mix come together as one.
World class equalizer
The tone sculpting EQF-100 is a smooth and flexible equalizer. Add an enormous low end and a silky top to your mixes or carve out or boost narrow parts of the mid-range.
"I like the Tube-Tech Classic Channel and the Summit Audio Grand Channel on bass, mandolin, and vocals to help warm or fatten them up. I switch between the two units, depending on the original signal or timbre of the instrument."Marty Robbins, Alison Krauss, Rhonda Vincent
Vintage but modern
When the EQF-100 and TLA-100A were designed, Summit Audio made sure to combine the finest of what vintage tube designs had to offer with a modern sense of how these units should stand the test of time. The result was remarkable, and today you can experience the Summit Audio grandeur in digital form, just reach for the Grand Channel!
An updated classic
As a modern addition to the classic TLA-100A, the plug-in also includes Parallel Compression, Saturation Control and Low Cut Filtering on input or detector.
Perfect with Console 1
The Summit Audio Grand Channel gets even better if you use it with Softube Console 1. The Grand Channel integrates seamlessly into Console 1 workflow, allowing intuitive hands-on control.
Summit Audio Grand Channel (upgrade from Summit Audio TLA-100)$149
Summit Audio Grand Channel (upgrade from Summit Audio EQF-100)$149
- Flexible and easy to use with huge sonic range.
- Individual bypass for each of the two units saves CPU power.
- Change the order of the equalizer and compressor with a single switch.
- Each and every component carefully modeled.
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, attack, release, etc.
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.