Console 1 ready
Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor
This classic compressor is all about gentle and natural sounding gain reduction. It effortlessly keeps your material's dynamics controlled without ever strangling the sound.
Everything you put into the TLA-100A comes out the other end big and compact sounding.
A true studio classic
The TLA-100A shows the same basic behavior on any type of material. Its transparency and strong but gentle grab of the sound source makes it a popular choice for placing vocals and bass just where they need to be in the mix.
A perfect secret weapon
The TLA-100A is also well suited for tasks like softening a spiky acoustic guitar that demands too much attention, or providing some 'glue' on a drum bus or a full mix.
"The Summit has been our go-to vocal limiter since it came out, and Softube has managed to capture every nuance of it with incredible detail."Studio and live engineer for Garbage, also worked with Foster the People, Muse, Beck and Offspring
Legendary ease of use
The Summit Audio TLA-100A works in a program dependent manner, meaning it does a lot of the thinking for you. It's tremendously easy to use and basically impossible to make it sound bad. It will however give you some soft and warm distortion if you drive it really hard.
For ease of use, Softube's TLA-100A plug-in has a saturation knob that the original unit lacks. This lets you blend in just the right amount of distortion to your signal.
- Controls your audio dynamics with mild authority.
- Easy to use.
- Built-in parallel compression and detector filtering (Low Cut filter switchable to signal input).
- Each and every component carefully modeled.
- Modeled output distortion, easily controlled with the saturation knob.
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, attack, release, etc.
- Softube makes the only Summit Audio plug-ins.
Have a listen
"Softube has outdone itself. The TLA-100A plug-in is a testament to what can be achieved in hardware modeling when attention is paid to the smallest details of design."Rob Thomas, Pixies, Liars, Alice Cooper
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.