- Flexible and easy to use with huge sonic range
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Individual bypass for each of the two units saves CPU power
Channel strip / Console 1 Ready
Summit Audio Grand Channel
Combining the smooth operating EQF-100 parametric passive equalizer with the mild but authoritative TLA-100A compressor, Summit Audio Grand Channel is a highly versatile channel strip that will cover a large part of your mixing needs.
Having the two combined in a single plug-in makes adjustments easier, as you will often find that the compressor affects the equalizer and vice versa. By default, the sound reaches the equalizer before the compressor, but you can easily reverse the order with a single switch.
"Softube has outdone itself. The TLA-100A plug-in is a testament to what can be achieved in hardware modeling when attention is paid to the smallest details of design."Producer/engineer/mixer/live recordist (Pixies, Rob Thomas, Björk, Alice Cooper, Liars, The Gregory Brothers)
The granddaddy of channel strips
Grand Channel combines two Summit Audio standard-bearers in stunning synergy. The warm and smooth tone sculpting king EQF-100 Full Range Equalizer, and the luxe and dead-simple TLA-100A Compressor.
A compressor beyond compare
The TLA-100A is easy to use and never sounds small or constrained. Gently, it keeps vocals, acoustic guitars, and bass in place. On the master bus, TLA-100A can bring a disjointed mix together.
The epitome of equalization
The tone sculpting EQF-100 is super smooth and highly flexible. It can add an enormous low-end and silky top to your mixes, plus carve out or boost narrow parts of the mid-range.
This product supports
We love VU meters, Bakelite knobs, and analog quirks. But we want modern precision and workflow. The answer? Softube Extended Features. Easy-access panels with the innovations you need close at hand.
"I like the Tube-Tech Classic Channel and the Summit Audio Grand Channel on bass, mandolin, and vocals to help warm or fatten them up. I switch between the two units, depending on the original signal or timbre of the instrument."Marty Robbins, Alison Krauss, Rhonda Vincent
Summit Audio combined the best of vintage tube design with a modern sensibility in EQF-100 and TLA-100A. They wanted these units to stand the test of time. Today, the beauty of both lives on in one grand channel strip plug-in.
Flexible and smooth, the Summit Audio EQF-100 sets the standard for passive equalizer design. And, with its sweet sound, it can solve most of the tonality issues you might encounter in a mix.
The Summit Audio TLA-100A is a classic compressor that graces every top-tier studio around the world. The plug-in version comes with modern additions, such as Parallel Compression, Saturation Control, and Low-cut Filtering.
Grand Channel for Console 1
Believe it or not, Grand Channel gets even better when you use it with Console 1. With seamless integration into the Console 1 workflow, Grand Channel provides intuitive hands-on control over a sonic giant.
Console 1 Ready
These plug-ins can be used within Console 1, our mixing system. Click to learn more.
- Flexible and easy to use with huge sonic range.
- Individual bypass for each of the two units saves CPU power.
- Change the order of the equalizer and compressor with a single switch.
- Each and every component carefully modeled.
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, attack, release, etc.
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.18 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 11.6.1 - MacOS 12 Monterey support pending
- Windows 10 64-bit - Windows 11 support pending
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon - M1 support pending
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space).
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work. However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper, and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: We have checked the basic functionality of our plug-ins, and Softube Central, in macOS Monterey running under Apple Rosetta 2, and initial tests do look promising. Silicon M1 native support is pending.
Note: We have run initial tests of Softube Central and our plug-ins within Windows 11 with positive early results. Further testing and announcements will follow.
With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST format. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo. The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE is no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page)
Find the Softube installer you need both Softube Central and individual plug-ins.
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?