- A superb-quality bass synth with stereo source sounds from top-end boutique hardware
- Blend noise with two diverse sources at once for a textured and extraordinarily complex sound
- Features professional presets from Madison Mars, Vandalism, Sample Tools by Cr2, WA production, Black Octopus, and Function Loops
- Three versions included: Monoment Bass, Monoment Bass for Modular, and Monoment Bass for Amp Room
Bass Synthesizer/ Modular Ready
In the modern day, music production leans more heavily on bass than ever before. Although track counts can number a hundred or more, often the core of a song is built around little more than a beat, a vocal, and a rich, living bass sound.
So, an instrument dedicated to just that – tailored to producing huge, solid bass tones with complex, organic overtones, focused effects, and as much bass as you want when you build your own version in Modular for a mix-ready low end – is more than just useful. It’s foundational. Monoment Bass lays the groundwork for top-quality tracks every time.
Designed by Experts, Built on Legacy
Softube has a long history of modeling professional gear. After nearly two decades working in collaboration with premium pro audio brands like Tube-Tech, Solid State Logic, Chandler Limited®, Weiss Engineering, Trident, and more, we have a solid track record recreating indisputable classics in software form that sound precisely like their hardware counterparts. This includes expertise in component-modeled mixing and mastering tools and synthesizer plug-ins like Modular, the Eurorack platform you can use to build your own version of Monoment Bass and much more.
Monoment Bass is built on this legacy, and we took the same meticulous approach we always do – everything needs to be exact, with skillful recording, precise testing, and fine-tuning. Nothing less.
"It’s very cool for the subs and those dirty bass sounds! I think it’s perfect for the low end and mid range bass jobs."DJ & Producer
Have a listen
All of the source material in Monoment Bass was recorded in stereo from high-end rare and boutique synths, giving huge, wide, and mood-defining sounds.
Including a purpose-built multi-band compressor, and a spatialization tool for fine-tuning your stereo image, Monoment Bass has great-sounding effects, but more importantly, the right effects for the job.
Amazing out-of-the-box sounds designed by Madison Mars, Vandalism, Sample Tools by Cr2, WA production, Black Octopus, and Function Loops, for finely tuned futureproof sounds from moment one.
Use it in Modular & Amp Room
Build your own bass synth with as many sources as you want. Monoment Bass includes Source, Filter, and FX modules for Modular. In Amp Room, you can mix Monoment Bass' modules—Filter and FX—with other studio effects, classic amps, cabs, and pedals to create studio-quality, record-ready tones.
"HOLYSHIT! This will be big."DJ Duo
Modern music, modern instrument
Working with sound designer and rare-synth-collector Tobias Menguser, we set out on this project to tackle the vital problem of amazing-sounding, weighty bass parts in modern music. In so many modern styles, from pop and hip hop to club dance genres and electro music, the bass occupies more and more of the spectrum and does more and more of the heavy lifting in production terms. So we’ve provided a carefully selected and expertly curated collection of top-end sounds from boutique synths by Schmidt, Nonlinear Labs and others, paired them with easy-to-use and awesome-sounding synth architecture, and high quality analog effects for modern, mix-ready bass in seconds.
Get complex quickly
Monoment Bass includes a two-layer source section, with all-stereo sources offering rich and evolving sounds. Nothing is static, and all the sources were recorded in triplicate, so there are three different samples per key for additional naturalism and life. The resulting sounds leap out of the speakers and grab hold of your track. Right out of the box and with minimal tweaking, this instrument has authority, weight, heft, power, character. The filter, LFO, and amp are all geared to musicians – you don’t need a degree in synth-geekery to use Monoment Bass – and the effects are designed step-by-step for just this crucial task.
Noise, dirt, magic
Using the aging knob, you can introduce a host of analog-ish imperfections to your bass sound. And a third noise source is available at all times, with multiple organic noise options, to add crunch to the attack or grit to the body of your sound. Add analog distortion, ambience, and tone-shaping in the effects section, and you’ll be surprised by the range of colorful living sounds your track can hold. Monoment, by virtue of its high input quality and carefully selected sculpting options, becomes more than a part of your mix. It’s the very core and heart of your mix.
Monoment Bass and Statement Lead, Synth Siblings
Softube’s lead synth Statement Lead has the same kind of user interface and many of the same features as Monoment. They were designed to work perfectly together to write and produce hit songs in the EDM, drum and bass, and house genres. Use Monoment for bass sounds and Statement for lead sounds and you have the entire range covered. The two synths feature quite different waveforms and slightly different effects with the same intuitive design and phenomenal sound quality. If you’re ready to create complex sounds with an analog feeling, they’re the perfect pair to meet all of your songwriting needs.
Monoment Bass instrument
Monoment Bass instrument is a super-high-quality bass synth with stereo source sounds from top-end boutique hardware to give you huge, wide, and mood-defining sounds.
Monoment Bass for Modular
The Source, Filter, and FX sections of Monoment Bass are included as modules for Modular, for when the stand-alone instrument plug-in doesn’t give you as much bass as you want. With the Modular modules, you can build your own. It’s easy to use and combine single parts of the synthesizer in a modular workflow to build patches and get an authentic bass sound. This really opens up possibilities for innovative sound creation. Learn more about the individual modules below.
Monoment Bass for Amp Room
Monoment Bass features two modules for our pro audio guitar and bass platform Amp Room. There's Monoment Bass Filter and Monoment Bass FX, which offers four FX types: Drive, EQ, Multi-band Compressor, and Spatialization. Mix the modules with other studio effects, classic amps, cabs, and pedals to easily make studio-quality, record-ready tones.
The Modular modules
Monoment Source is the source engine from Monoment Bass as a stand-alone module. It has a built-in amplitude envelope, waveform mixing, dirt level, and aging. It can be played monophonically within modular over midi or monophonically via the gate and note jacks. The glide, punch, release, and aging parameters have external CV control via jacks.
Monoment Filter is the filter section from Monoment Bass as a stand-alone module. It has a built-in filter envelope and LFO. The envelope is triggered through the external gate jack. The slew, range, amount, and swing sequencer functions have external CV control. The LFO can be automatically locked to the DAW tempo or set to free running mode.
Monoment FX is the effects engine for Monoment Bass as a stand-alone module. It has four modes, drive, EQ, multi comp, and spatialization, that can be run one at a time. Up to three parameters in each mode have external CV control.
- Super-high-quality bass synth with stereo source sounds from top-end boutique hardware
- Three versions included: Monoment Bass, Monoment Bass for Modular, and Monoment Bass for Amp Room
- Top-notch synth architecture that is both versatile and easy to use
- Includes three modules for Softube Modular: Source, Filter, and FX. Learn more about Modular
- Includes two modules for Softube Amp Room: Filter and FX. Learn more about Amp Room
- Professional presets from Madison Mars, Vandalism, Sample Tools by Cr2, WA production, Black Octopus, and Function Loops
- A heavy focus on modern bass sounds makes this the perfect addition to the forward-thinking studio
- Fills a soundstage with domineering weight and power, yet easy to mix thanks to dedicated effects
- 100 different stereo waveforms, each sample three times from boutique high-end synths.
- 15+ noise and attack waveforms
- 24, 12 and 6 dB low-pass filter with distortion
- LFO modulation (free running or tempo synced) on filter cut-off
- Filter envelope modulation
- Cross-over filter between source A and B
- 2 glide modes (legato and “always”)
- 2 types of distortion
- 5 types of stereo reverb
- Multiband Compression
- EQ (including 24 dB low cut)
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.38 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 12
- Windows 10 and 11 64-bit
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / Full Apple silicon support (M1 or higher)
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space)
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work. However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper, and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: We have checked the basic functionality of our plug-ins, and Softube Central, under Apple Rosetta 2.
With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST format. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo. The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE is no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page).
Find the Softube installer you need both Softube Central and individual plug-ins.
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?