Write a hit.
- The polyphonic synth for contemporary lead sounds, perfect for music production and songwriting
- Phenomenal sound quality and analog feel from careful recordings of rare, expensive hardware synths and unrivalled Softube effects
- The intuitive user interface and the presets make it easy to get started, resulting in polished sounds in no time
When inspiration strikes and your new hit song begins to take shape, it feels like magic. The trick is finding that inspiration in the first place, and it also helps a lot if you have an easy way to transport your ideas from inside your head to a flawless recording that you can share with the world. Don’t you worry child, we have a plan for you.
Statement Lead is a state-of-the-art, user-friendly polyphonic synth designed with the contemporary producer and songwriter in mind. With carefully recorded and processed sound sources from rare and expensive synths and built-in effects of the highest quality, Statement inspires you to make a statement. This is the lead synth you need to create hit songs that sound polished and finished with no complications along the way.
Designed by Experts, Built on Legacy
Softube has a long history of modeling professional gear. After nearly two decades working in collaboration with premium pro audio brands like Tube-Tech, Solid State Logic, Chandler Limited®, Weiss Engineering, Trident, and more, we have a solid track record recreating indisputable classics in software form that sound precisely like their hardware counterparts. This includes expertise in mixing and mastering tools and synthesizer plug-ins like Modular, our Eurorack platform, that was developed in close collaboration with Doepfer and includes modules from Buchla, Mutable Instruments, Intellijel, and more.
Statement is built on this legacy, and we took the same meticulous approach we always do – everything needs to be exact, with skillful recording, precise testing, fine-tuning, and advanced DSP programming for the best sound quality. Nothing less.
"After my first collaboration with Softube at Monoment Bass, I had a lot of fun again with our second joint project Statement Lead. Once again I made full use of my studio, recording rare vintage (Synclavier, Four Voice, Deckard’s Dream etc.) and modern (Schmidt synth & modular stuff) hardware and software synths – but not raw and dry, but already with several processing steps to get to the waveform sound you can hear in Statement Lead. I think the result is great, many unique features like the great filter and the little sequencer make Statement Lead a fantastic lead synth for many use cases."Sound designer and rare synth collector
Have a listen
Statement comes with built-in Softube effects that give you precise control over your sound. Sculpt your lead parts exactly how you want them with Drive, Reverb, Delay, and more.
Rare, Legendary Sounds
Build up your own unique sounds with a mix of one or two of the 90 waveforms recorded from a variety of rare, expensive hardware synths.
The Perfect Songwriting Tool
The carefully designed presets make it easy to get started, and the intuitive interface speeds up the process of going from idea to finished song.
Unique Sound Sources and
Cool Filter and Sequencer Options
The sound sources include 90 waveforms in 11 different categories. Each sound is built up by a mix of one or two of these waveforms. You can also opt to add a dirt layer of looped material such as TV Screen, Taped Storm, and Robotic Noise or transient material such as Plastic Attack and Metal Attack from the Analog Dirt section to add some grit for a richer or dirtier sound. The dirt can be mixed with the other sound sources and sent to the filter or sent dry to the output section.
The Filter section with built-in Modulation Sequencer consists of an analog-sounding low-pass filter with three slope types, 6, 12, and 24 dB/octave. You can adjust cutoff frequency, feedback, envelope type and timing, and how much the envelope will affect the cutoff frequency. The sequencer is always running with its tempo synchronized to the DAW clock, so you’ll always get a rhythmic change in time with your music. The loop length of the sequencer can be set from 1 (no loop) to 16 (all of the available 16 steps), and these steps can be set to levels or as distinctive on/off triggers to affect filter cutoff or output volume, either stepped or slewed.
A Few Powerful Tone Controls,
All Kinds of Creative Possibilities
Shape your sound further in the Tone section, where you can mix your sound sources and choose whether you prefer an overall sharp attack or a slow fade-out for your sound. Punch sets the overall amplitude envelope of the sound, from a slow buildup to something snappier and punchier. With Auto-Glide, you can start or end each note with an automatic pitch-bend up or down with a programmable time and range that can go from minus two octaves to plus two octaves. You can select how you want to trigger it, for example if velocity is above a certain threshold, if aftertouch reaches a certain level, or every time a note is played or released. This is very useful for creating organic analog sounds. Aging sets the amount of unpredictability – if you turn this up, you get less stable pitch and more unpredictable attacks, dirt and grit, and analog goodness.
Sculpt Your Sound With
Statement comes loaded with effects make it easy to fine tune, create spaces, add clarity, and further sculpt your lead sounds. These include Drive, Reverb, Delay, Multiband Compression, and Spatialization. The Delay and Reverb are very sophisticated and adapted for synthesizer sounds featuring Synced pre delay and ducking on the Reverb, 8 individual L & R taps, and ducking on the delay. The Multiband Compressor is a smart one-knob solution, and the control set has been thoroughly tweaked to give you as much control as possible with as few knobs as possible. These effects have been thoughtfully selected and specifically designed for polyphonic synthesizer-lead sounds with the same superb quality as Softube mixing plug-ins.
A Modern Instrument Designed by the Best
The extensive source material for Statement Lead came from carefully recording and processing the sounds of rare, well-known, expensive hardware synthesizers to produce 90 different waveforms in 11 different categories to serve as sound sources. To accomplish this, we worked with sound designer and rare synth collector Tobias Menguser, who also partnered with us to create our Monoment Bass. Check out this short video to learn more about his process during the creation of Monoment.
Statement Lead and Monoment Bass, Synth Siblings
Softube’s bass synth Monoment Bass has the same kind of user interface and many of the same features as Statement. They were designed to work perfectly together to write and produce hit songs in the EDM, drum and bass, and house genres. Use Monoment for bass sounds and Statement for lead sounds and you have the entire range covered. The two synths feature quite different waveforms and slightly different effects with the same intuitive design and phenomenal sound quality. If you use Monoment already, Statement is the perfect addition for you, and you’ll feel right at home when using it. If you don’t and you’re ready to create complex sounds with an analog feeling, they’re the perfect pair to meet all of your songwriting needs.
Inspiring Presets to Get You Started
For a producer in the EDM, drum and bass, and house genres, it’s essential to have presets you can browse through to achieve a polished sound in seconds. This is so much easier than working with the complicated parameters of an analog synth. Statement comes loaded with carefully created presets that are the perfect starting point for finding an inspiring sound. There are no fillers—they're all good and the perfect starting point to find the type of sound you hear in your head. After you find it, you can dig deeper and start tweaking until it’s exactly the sound you need.
- A 5-octave polyphonic synth designed for lead sounds with an organic, analog feel
- Amazing sound quality from careful recordings of rare, expensive hardware synths
- High-quality effects built right into the plug-in
- The perfect songwriting tool for EDM, drum and bass, house, and more, with an intuitive user interface and 150+ carefully designed presets
- The lead sounds counterpart to Monoment Bass, with the same type of interface and similar features. Learn more about Monoment
- The 90 sound sources can be used two at a time with smart, modern tools that make it easy to dial in the foundation of the sound
- Advanced analog-sounding filter with its own modulation sequencer
- Advanced Auto Glide for creating organic-sounding analog sounds
- Analog Dirt feature: adds grit for a richer or dirtier sound
- Aging feature for less stable pitch, more unpredictable attacks, and even more dirt and grit
- 90 Sound Sources and waveforms
- 20 Layer Sounds as Analog Dirt
- Analog sounding low pass filter with 3 slope types, 6, 12 and 24 dB/oct
- 16 Step filter sequencer
- Advanced Auto Glide with conditional features
- Aging feature; pitch, attack, dirt and grit.
- Softube effects:
- Reverb with ducking and synced pre-delay
- Delay with ducking and 8 individual L and R taps
- One-knob multiband compression
- 150 stunning presets
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.