Now with Logic Pro control surface support
- The original plug-in controller
- Save time, improve workflow, and make better mixing decisions
- Mix with the sound of a wide range of classic analog channel strips and plug-ins
- Includes the expertly emulated Solid State Logic SL 4000 E-series console
Hardware / Ecosystem
Console 1 is the first-of-its-kind, award-winning solution that revolutionized mixing in the DAW. With its advanced control and feedback, you get a workflow that truly meets the demands of modern production. Mix with the sound of the included Solid State Logic SL 4000 E or load any of our supported channel strips—from British Class A to Weiss Gambit Series—and customize channels to your specs with 70+ plug-ins. Monitor levels, jump tracks, take total control of EQ, compression, gate, drive, width, and more.
Console 1 gives you the best of all worlds: the feeling of mixing on a console, the freedom of working in the box.
The Art of Rock & Roll Science
When it comes to creating equipment that improves workflow and offers the highest quality sound, our reputation is rock solid—and long. Our partnerships with premium brands like Marshall, Tube-Tech, Chandler Limited®, and Empirical Labs have spanned decades.
Console 1 is built on this legacy of creativity, passion, and attention to detail. Because to create tools that innovate, you have to have heart, soul, and Rock & Roll Science.
"Console 1 lets me have the hands-on feel of analog, without losing the flexibility of the digital world. It is the center piece of my hybrid mix room."Seven Grammy awards, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Coldplay
Channel Strips: More Colors for Your Palette
In addition to the classic crunch and character of the pre-loaded Solid State Logic console, you can load any of our expertly emulated channel strips. Treat your tracks to the extreme clarity and bandwidth of the SSL XL 9000 K-series console. Mix with the warmth and weight of British Class A. Get bold modern rock sounds from American Class A and smooth, creamy color with Summit Audio Grand Channel. Or get as close as you possibly can to how an Empirical Labs or Weiss console would sound.
With Console 1, you can apply the EQ, compression, gate, drive, width, and saturation of analog hardware to entire projects or individual tracks. Mix strings and vocals with one flavor and the rhythm section with another. It's all up to you. With Console 1, you can have all the big desks in one tiny footprint.
DAW Compatibility: Quick Start, Full Control
One control per parameter and no MIDI mapping required. Console 1 works with all major DAWs right out of the box. Any host that can run a VST, AU, or AAX plug-in will work with Console 1. With select DAWs—like Logic Pro, Ableton Live, and Steinberg Cubase, Presonus Studio One—you can control the DAW pan, volume, sends, and more with the Console 1 hardware. The unique and intuitive Console 1 workflow lets you give your mouse a rest and focus on the music.
For a complete list of the features supported by each DAW, check out this chart.
Learn more about how Console 1 works in your DAW
Plug-ins: an Abundance of Authentic Options
Design the ideal console for any mix—right from Console 1. Console 1 Mixing System supports over 70 plug-ins, including expertly emulated classics from Chandler Limited®, Empirical Labs, Teletronix, Tube-Tech, Abbey Road Studios, and more. If you own Softube or Universal Audio gates, compressors, or EQs, you're already building a collection of fantastic options for your Console 1 mixes.
Create bespoke processing chains on individual tracks, groups, or across entire mixes. Console 1 lets you load channel strip filters independently, and you can add plug-ins, such as Softube Tape, in the shape section to distort before EQ.
"When Console 1 came it was just like... that's what everyone's been looking for!"Grammy awarded mix engineer for Beyoncé, Jay-Z and The Roots
A Modern Mixing System
Console 1 Mixing System delivers the versatility and affordability of working in the box coupled with the response and workflow of mixing on an analog console. Use the Console 1 and Console 1 Fader hardware independently or together for a total desk experience. You can even join multiple Console 1 Fader units to create the ideal workflow for your studio.
Learn more about Console 1 Fader
"Console 1 is an elegant solution to a problem I didn't fully realize I had until I started using it. Mixing should be about listening, not mouse clicks and waveforms, and Console 1 brings listening front and center to the mix process. I am looking forward to watching this platform expand."Grammy awarded engineer, Bruce Springsteen, Sarah Brightman, Green Day, Television and Michael Stipe
BOOK A LIVE DEMO TODAY
Interested in getting started with the Console 1 system? Have a few questions before you make the investment? Book a one-on-one video consultation with a member of our product demonstration team today. Learn more
What’s new for Console 1 Mixing System
- Logic Pro control surface support
- Select drive from the Console 1 hardware without changing the entire channel strip
- New meters for RMS (inner) and Peak dBFS (outer) on both input and output
- Adjust the width from the Console 1 hardware using Shift + Input Gain
- Exchange channel strip filters without affecting other sections
- Load Tape, Harmonics, and Overstayer M-A-S into the shape section to distort before the EQ
- Improved FFT frequency analyzer, including four new operating modes derived from our highly esteemed Weiss EQ plug-ins
- Track color coordination for supported DAWs within the Console 1 Mixing System software and hardware units
- New Universal Audio plug-in compatibility for Console 1 Mixing System, including support for UA 175 B & UA 176, SSL 4000 E Channel Strip, SSL G Bus Compressor, Century Strip, Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII, Avalon VT-737 Tube Channel Strip, and API 2500
- A new meter bridge showing output volume, fader, and track, or strip and color for easier navigation
- Survey 10 to 20 tracks with Track Overview Mode, now available on both the Console 1 and Console 1 Fader units
- Persistent modes in Console 1 Fader for sends, input gain, and filter
- New color schemes for individual strips that make it simpler to identify which strip a section belongs to
- Added support for a wide range of languages, such as Cyrillic, Greek, Katakana, Hiragana, and more
- Improved fader and knob movements
- Show or hide the Console 1 software from the menu bar
"I'm using Console 1 on pretty much everything I do, and it suits my workflow very well."Rock legend
Console 1 and Apollo Central
You can improve more than your mixing workflow with Console 1. With Apollo Central onboard, Console 1 Mixing System benefits your recording workflow as well. Apollo Central offers deep and intuitive control of the Universal Audio Console software. Together, Apollo Central and Console 1 Mixing System give you hands-on tracking, near-zero-latency monitoring, and a lot more.
- Logic Pro control surface support
- A modern mixing system and a unique centerpiece for the DAW-based studio
- Includes Softube's officially licensed Solid State Logic SL 4000 E-series console emulation
- Works with all major DAWs straight out of the box—no MIDI mapping required
- Expertly modeled channel strips from Weiss, Chandler Limited®, Summit Audio, Empirical Labs, and more
- Supports 70+ plug-ins from Softube and Universal Audio
- Control tracking with Universal Audio Apollo interfaces using Apollo Central mode
- Monitor your mix with RMS (middle) and Peak (outer) dBFS meters on both the input and output
- Four different frequency analysis modes derived from our highly esteemed Weiss EQ plug-ins –use Fast or Slow for normal FFT modes or one of the two Hold modes for a more accurate long-term view
- High-quality hardware designed for both form and function
- Improve workflow with hardware that is more physically intuitive than your mouse
- Save time, listen more, and make better mixing decisions
- Use Console 1 alone or in combination with Softube Console 1 Fader. Learn more about Console 1 Fader
- macOS Big Sur 11, Monterey 12, Ventura 13
- Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Computer with AU, VST, VST3 and/or AAX compatible DAW host software
- Internet access (for downloading installers and managing licenses)
Read full System Requirements and our Terms and Conditions