Metal Amp Room
Warning! May contain subliminal backwards messages
Metal Amp Room was designed to bring you the most brutal, evil and aggressive guitar sound that is possible to squeeze out of your DAW.
Run it in mono for a tight and focused sound, or let it take up your entire stereo width by the use of two panned microphones.
Designed to let you metalheads get the most fiercely brutal high gain guitar sound possible out of your DAW.
"Metal Amp Room — amazing! I don't know how you do it, but you do it better than the rest!"Producer, mix engineer for Kreator, Sepultura, Sodom, Voivod, Celtic Frost
Created by metalheads, for metalheads
Metal Amp Room was co-developed with Patrik Jensen (The Haunted) and tailored to his needs. The continuous mic placement from Vintage Amp Room is here as well, but this time with twin mics and adjustable stereo panning. Get a huge stereo sound with complex adjustable phasing effects, a plain old one-mic-right-against-the-cone, or anything in between.
Optimal for palm muting
Included is also a fantastic gate, great for palm muting galore. It opens insanely fast — faster than any hardware gate — and its release (how fast it closes after being opened) is program-dependent. This means that fast playing will give you an extremely fast closing gate, while slow playing will yield a slower release.
The true Gothenburg sound
The cabinets were measured in the In Flames studio (previously known as Studio Fredman) by Tue Madsen (producer of Dark Tranquility, Sick Of It All, Mnemic) and Patrik Jensen. Among the presets, you will find Tue Madsen's own personal favorites.
- Raw and authentic metal guitar amp sound.
- Made in collaboration with Patrik Jensen (The Haunted) and producer Tue Madsen.
- Cabinet simulations made in the In Flames studio.
- Program-dependent guitar noise gate.
- Two cabs with two mics per cabinet.
- Easy to use balancing stereo mic preamp for balancing the two mics.
- Flexible and continuous click-and-drag mic positioning.
- Fully automatable parameters.
Have a listen
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.