- Instant, extreme lo-fi digital reverb for creative production and sound design
- Authentic aliasing artifacts and distortion with Softube-quality sound and workflow
- Three versions included: the native plug-in, the Modular module, and the Amp Room module
Lo-fi Digital Reverb / Modular Ready / Amp Room Ready
When you need extreme digital lo-fi character quickly, the reverb to reach for is Wasted Space. Wasted Space gives you the retro ’80s aliasing artifacts currently in vogue in pop and electronic genres and takes them to eleven.
Put Wasted Space straight on a track to bring elements to the front of the mix or get a full low-fidelity sound by using it on a bus. With Wasted Space, you can go from lackluster to out-of-this-world in a flash.
The Art of Rock & Roll Science
When it comes to creating plug-ins that improve workflow and offer the highest quality sound, our reputation is rock solid—and long. Our partnerships with premium brands like Marshall, Tube-Tech, Chandler Limited®, and Weiss Engineering go back nearly twenty years. We develop every product with creativity, passion, and attention to detail. Because to create tools that innovate, you have to have heart, soul, and Rock & Roll Science.
Have a listen
The features are with you
With an inspiring retro-futuristic interface and essential features, Wasted Space is the perfect tool for innovative sound design.
Wasted Space’s variable sample rate lets you quickly find your lo-fi sweet spot. You can use the filter options to sculpt the distortion with 12, 24, and 48 dB/octave types. Off gives you the most aggressively distorted sound, with 48 dB offering the smoothest of the types. The high pass slider lets you reduce the distortion in the high frequencies while keeping the distorted low frequencies, thereby removing the rumble often caused by low-frequency buildup.
Wasted Space is classic reverb pushed to the outer limits of lo-fi. The variable sample rate and selectable aliasing filter types of this native plug-in make it fun to get creative in pursuit of the perfect lo-fi vibe.
Wasted Space for Amp Room
Wasted Space is available for Softube Amp Room, our pro audio guitar and bass platform. Combine it with other studio effects, classic amps, cabs, and pedals to create studio-quality, record-ready tones.
Wasted Space for Modular
Use Wasted Space in Softube Modular, our infinitely expandable, modular synthesizer platform. Virtually patch it to any of our modules from Doepfer, Buchla, and Intellijel—to name a few—and sonically go where you haven’t before.
This product supports
We love VU meters, Bakelite knobs, and analog quirks. But we want modern precision and workflow. The answer? Softube Extended Features. Easy-access panels with the innovations you need close at hand.
- Intentional exaggeration of aliasing artifacts that were present in early digital reverbs
- From the makers of TSAR-1 Reverb, TSAR-1R Reverb, Spring Reverb, Atlantis Dual Chambers, and more
- Variable sample rate and selectable aliasing filter types let you quickly find your ideal lo-fi vibe
- High pass filter to reduce low-end rumble
- Predelay and time sliders to effortlessly adjust traditional reverb parameters
- Dry/wet slider for finding the perfect balance on a track or going completely wet on a bus
- Featuring Softube Extended Features for even more control
- Adjustable Sample Rate from 2400 Hz-24000 Hz
- Selectable Aliasing Filter Types (12, 24, 48 dB/octave, and Off)
- Variable High Pass Filter from 20 Hz-2 kHz
- Predelay from 0-60 milliseconds
- Reverb Time from 0-4.5 seconds
- Wet/Dry blend slider
- Includes 1 module for Softube Modular and 1 module for Softube Amp Room in addition to the native plug-in
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.38 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 12
- Windows 10 and 11 64-bit
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / Full Apple silicon support (M1 or higher)
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space)
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work. However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper, and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: We have checked the basic functionality of our plug-ins, and Softube Central, under Apple Rosetta 2.
With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST format. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo. The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE is no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page).
Find the Softube installer you need both Softube Central and individual plug-ins.
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?