- Instant, extreme lo-fi digital reverb for creative production and sound design
- Authentic aliasing artifacts and distortion with Softube-quality sound and workflow
- Three versions included: the native plug-in, the Modular module, and the Amp Room module
Lo-fi Digital Reverb / Modular Ready / Amp Room Ready
When you need extreme digital lo-fi character quickly, the reverb to reach for is Wasted Space. Wasted Space gives you the retro ’80s aliasing artifacts currently in vogue in pop and electronic genres and takes them to eleven.
Put Wasted Space straight on a track to bring elements to the front of the mix or get a full low-fidelity sound by using it on a bus. With Wasted Space, you can go from lackluster to out-of-this-world in a flash.
The Art of Rock & Roll Science
When it comes to creating plug-ins that improve workflow and offer the highest quality sound, our reputation is rock solid—and long. Our partnerships with premium brands like Marshall, Tube-Tech, Chandler Limited®, and Weiss Engineering go back nearly twenty years. We develop every product with creativity, passion, and attention to detail. Because to create tools that innovate, you have to have heart, soul, and Rock & Roll Science.
Have a listen
The features are with you
With an inspiring retro-futuristic interface and essential features, Wasted Space is the perfect tool for innovative sound design.
Wasted Space’s variable sample rate lets you quickly find your lo-fi sweet spot. You can use the filter options to sculpt the distortion with 12, 24, and 48 dB/octave types. Off gives you the most aggressively distorted sound, with 48 dB offering the smoothest of the types. The high pass slider lets you reduce the distortion in the high frequencies while keeping the distorted low frequencies, thereby removing the rumble often caused by low-frequency buildup.
Wasted Space is classic reverb pushed to the outer limits of lo-fi. The variable sample rate and selectable aliasing filter types of this native plug-in make it fun to get creative in pursuit of the perfect lo-fi vibe.
Wasted Space for Amp Room
Wasted Space is available for Softube Amp Room, our pro audio guitar and bass platform. Combine it with other studio effects, classic amps, cabs, and pedals to create studio-quality, record-ready tones.
Wasted Space for Modular
Use Wasted Space in Softube Modular, our infinitely expandable, modular synthesizer platform. Virtually patch it to any of our modules from Doepfer, Buchla, and Intellijel—to name a few—and sonically go where you haven’t before.
This product supports
We love VU meters, Bakelite knobs, and analog quirks. But we want modern precision and workflow. The answer? Softube Extended Features. Easy-access panels with the innovations you need close at hand.
- Intentional exaggeration of aliasing artifacts that were present in early digital reverbs
- From the makers of TSAR-1 Reverb, TSAR-1R Reverb, Spring Reverb, Atlantis Dual Chambers, and more
- Variable sample rate and selectable aliasing filter types let you quickly find your ideal lo-fi vibe
- High pass filter to reduce low-end rumble
- Predelay and time sliders to effortlessly adjust traditional reverb parameters
- Dry/wet slider for finding the perfect balance on a track or going completely wet on a bus
- Featuring Softube Extended Features for even more control
- Adjustable Sample Rate from 2400 Hz-24000 Hz
- Selectable Aliasing Filter Types (12, 24, 48 dB/octave, and Off)
- Variable High Pass Filter from 20 Hz-2 kHz
- Predelay from 0-60 milliseconds
- Reverb Time from 0-4.5 seconds
- Wet/Dry blend slider
- Includes 1 module for Softube Modular and 1 module for Softube Amp Room in addition to the native plug-in
- macOS 10.15 Catalina, Big Sur 11, Monterey 12
- Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Computer with AU, VST, VST3 and/or AAX compatible DAW host software
- Internet access (for downloading installers and managing licenses)