Start a fire.
- Five component-modelled distortion sounds
- Revolutionary ‘Dynamic Transient Control’ technology
- Presets by Grammy winners Joe Chiccarelli and Howard Willing
Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor
Did you ever try to give a track attitude by adding distortion, but then wind up with a washed out, lifeless sound instead? Harmonics, with its never-before-heard approach to dynamics in distortion, is the answer.
The only plug-in to track incoming dynamics and allow the user total control over their application in the output signal, Harmonics is a giant leap forward for searing, roaring, face-melting sounds everywhere.
Truly varied sounds
5 utterly distinct distortion models, each based on a different tasty analog distortion process. Tubes, transformers, zingy circuitry of all kinds.
Revolutionary 'Dynamic Transient Control' technology
Harmonics listens to the dynamics of the input signal, in order to maintain, increase, or control the range of the distorted signal in a way you need to hear to believe.
Low and high cut filters, parallel mix control, and THD (total harmonic drive) metering allow you to define the perfect sound for your track every time.
"...the perfect all in one plug-in for adding crunch to drums, fuzz to bass and edge to a lead vocal..."Mixer/Engineer/Producer for Beck, U2, The Strokes, Elton John, etc.
Have a listen
Guitars, vocals, drums, bass, even synths often need some extra grunt to push them over the edge, but distortion can destroy dynamics and cause more problems than it solves. Too little and your sound doesn’t cut through and fill its space. Too much and you lose the light and shade, the attack and decay. Transients blend into tails, and detail and definition go out the window.
Such is the tragic plight of the musician or mix engineer working with distortion. With Harmonics, the struggle is over!
Light it up
With Harmonics, you get much more than just five awesome-sounding analog distortion models. You also get a revolutionary new approach to handling dynamics during the process of distorting the sound. The input signal is listened to and analysed by the plug-in, allowing the dynamics and detail to be preserved and enhanced even after heavy distortion is applied.
Add to that the fact that Harmonics has five totally different-sounding component-modelled distortion styles, high and low cut filters, a parallel mix knob and more, and you end up with a very powerful secret weapon indeed.
Dynamic distortion with Harmonics
Ever spend your time adding eq, compression, and reverb to a track and still can’t get it to sit together correctly? Just like how an organ player will alter drawbars to achieve their perfect sound, dynamic Harmonic adjustments in your mix can get you the sound you need.
Glue a track, add creative distortion, brighten a dull sound, or find a way for all your tracks to complete the puzzle called mixing.
If you’ve cranked up saturation in the past to find that your dynamics fell flat, don’t worry. Not all distortion is the same and we believe your transients deserve the same respect as every other element in your mix!
"Fantastic plug-in — super versatile and musical. Love the thickness it creates…"Producer, engieer and mixer for Smashing Pumpkins, Sheryl Crow and Kris Kristofferson
"Softube Harmonics might be the best way to get that elusive analog mojo in the box."Mastering Engineer Superstar (Nirvana, Tom Waits, The White Stripes)
- Five genuinely different component-modelled distortion sounds.
- Revolutionary ‘Dynamic Transient Control’ technology.
- ‘Amount’ knob to control the amount of saturation.
- ‘Character’ knob controls tone or color of the distortion.
- High and low cut filters can be placed before or after distortion.
- Wet/dry blend knob for parallel processing.
- THD meter allows fine control of subtle saturation.
- All of the grunt, none of the drawbacks.
- Includes presets by Joe Chiccarelli and Howard Willing.
- Left and right VU meters for level or Total Harmonic Distortion
- Dynamic Transient Control preserves transient content and dynamic range
- 5 distortion types; Solid, Transf, Master, Tube, and Modern
- Control of Drive Amount and Drive Character
- Dry/wet mix knob
- High and low cut filters, each with three slopes to choose from, can be placed pre or post distortion
- Input and output level faders give total control over gain staging
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.18 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 or newer (older OS versions will not work)
- Windows 10 64-bit (older Windows versions may work but are not tested)
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon - M1 support pending
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument’s page).
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
Note: With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST formats.
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE are no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page)