The mad scientist
- A fastidious emulation of Vermona hardware made especially for Modular
- Makes creating complex, previously undiscovered rhythms easy
- Software exclusives save presets and the states with the session
Vermona Random Rhythm
The Vermona Random Rhythm module is a little bit like Frankenstein’s monster: robustly built with a passionate soul—but also, good-looking. Created in collaboration with German-based Vermona, whose musical heritage producing amplifiers and organs dates back decades, Random Rhythm is an exacting model of the original random-based, dual-channel trigger sequencer hardware.
Concocted specifically for Modular, Random Rhythm lets imagination off-leash while maintaining full control over what’s being sequenced. It says random in the name, but there's a method to the madness.
Have a listen
Created in collaboration with—and authorized by—Vermona, the Random Rhythm module lets your creativity run amuck. And you don't need a Ph.D. in probabilities to play it.
Take artistry to the edge of imagination with four sliders per rhythm section, a random dual-channel trigger sequencer, and the ability to save presets of your patches.
Odds on fun
The Softube + Vermona Random Rhythm module is a random-based dual-channel trigger sequencer with a thoroughly novel approach. It gives you two rhythm sections with four sliders per rhythm section. The sliders correspond to the note-values quarters, eighths, sixteenths, and triplet notes and are used to influence the probability that they will appear at each step in the generated pattern. What used to be a chore, programming complex patterns, is now an enjoyable and artistic task.
Speculate on sound
With Random Rhythm you can work either rhythm section of the module in realtime or dice mode. Set it to realtime and the module continuously generates random values for each note value. In dice mode, the module generates random values for a complete 3/4- or 4/4-bar. It’s not a total unknown, though. In either setting, the sliders still have authority over the resulting sequence.
Don’t let the name fool you, Random Rhythm can be precise when it needs to be. Use it as a tool to generate or multiply clocks with individual outs for the quarters, eighths, sixteenths, and triplets. The Reset Input allows you to mute the outputs or restart your diced bar. Precision is important, but fun rules Random Rhythm.
The Softube + Vermona Random Rhythm module is a magnifying glass for creativity. Use it as the sole rhythm-base or as an invaluable addition to other sequencers. The module’s foolproof interface lets you generate beats without thinking about patterns. It’s easy to discover new and exciting sequences that you wouldn’t typically program note by note.
- Made for Modular, Softube's Eurorack platform. Learn more about Modular
- An exact model of the original hardware, authorized by Vermona
- Get creative, one-of-kind results without manual or note-by-note programming
- Software exclusives let you save presets and the states with the session
- Functions just like the Eurorack hardware
- Great for drum modules, as an arpeggio sequencer, or anything you can conceive of
Use Vermona Random Rhythm to create interesting rhythmic textures for drums or melodies.
- Generate probability based rhythmic patterns
- Separate outputs for different note values and combined for complex stuff
- Real time and dice mode
- macOS 10.15 Catalina, Big Sur 11, Monterey 12
- Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Computer with AU, VST, VST3 and/or AAX compatible DAW host software
- Internet access (for downloading installers and managing licenses)