- Two-channel pingable envelope generator.
- Use both sides to quickly concoct awesome generative rhythmic chaos.
- Use one side at a time to sync the rhythmic aspects of a sound to your track tempo.
A long-awaited addition to the Softube Modular platform, the 4ms Pingable Envelope Generator opens up a vast array of possibilities beyond the basic ADSR envelope generator included in the core Modular package.
Two independent envelope generators can be 'pinged' by external sources – your DAW clock, for example – to define the cycle length of the envelope(s) and generate rhythmic effects and interactions never before possible in Modular. Add to this the extensive options for shaping those envelopes, and multiplying or dividing their cycle length, and you have a module which not only expands but explodes the rhythmic capabilities of your Modular system.
"I was very pleased to see that you kept the original PEG's internal sampling rate and that self-patched feedback loop patch also works on the virtual version!"Founder of 4ms
Have a listen
Ping, Envelope, Repeat
From USA-native hardware electronic wizards 4ms, the Pingable Envelope Generator generates envelopes when 'pinged', either by an incoming trigger or clock, or by pressing the tap tempo buttons at the head of each channel.
Cycle and Vibe
Using the 'cycle' setting will repeat the envelope cycle indefinitely, meaning the PEG can be your clock, or sync to tempo and generate more or less any kind of rhythmic chaos within that framework.
With tons of routing options and CV inputs, this module makes serious noise even if it's not making a single sound of its own. Try it and see.
4ms of Portland
4ms company began as 3ms pedals near Chicago, Illinois in 1996. After several moves and additions to the team, they now make some of the most exciting and innovative synth modules in the world out of Portland, Oregon.
In true West Coast synth style, their modules are at once creative and well-thought-out, stylish and functional, fun and intentional. And the PEG is no exception. Its attractive, colourful faceplate hides a powerful concept, and its controls and patch-points combine to make almost infinite possibilities. This is truly one of the most versatile modules in Modular – it can even be used as an audio source if pinged quickly enough (e.g. by another oscillator).
Fully licensed and endorsed by 4ms, the PEG expands your creative horizon. Create crazy polyrhythms for percussive clicks and beeps, or match the elastic wobble of a dubstep bassline to the tempo of your track with ease.
Multiply the pinged tempo of each channel to fit two, three, four or more envelope cycles into each beat, or divide to generate longer cycles which still conform to your pinged tempo. And send the envelope generated by one side to CV modulate the parameters of the other.
This module is fantastic for fun experimentation, and often results in happy accidents and creative inspiration.
- Made for Modular, Softube's Eurorack platform. Learn more about Modular
- Officially licensed and endorsed by 4ms
- Two-channel pingable envelope generator
- Use one side at a time to sync the rhythmic aspects of a sound to your track tempo
- Use both sides to quickly concoct awesome generative rhythmic chaos
- Detailed control of the shape of the envelope when generating drum sounds
- Easily create some controllable motion in your textures
- Adds hugely to the capabilities of your Softube Modular system
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer.
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space).
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7*, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application.
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in(s) and managing the license(s).
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8.
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer.