Flexible and tweakable
Classic drum synthesis is back with a vengeance! Flexible and tweakable — Heartbeat is your source for familiar, yet unique, drum machine sounds.
Use the built-in effects and the innovative Auto Layer Machine to take your beats to unexpected places. Or use Heartbeat's instrument and EQ modules in Modular.
A killer package
It is the drum synth of your dreams, combining modeled analog synthesis of yesteryear with forward-thinking features and flexibility. The modeled analog sound engine and the included top-of-the-line effects turn Heartbeat into a killer package for your beats.
A mind of its own
The Auto Layer Machine has four channels that can each be used to layer sounds or trigger a chain of events. Use it to create new sound textures or create automatic fill patterns in up to four steps.
Each of the eight channels has a dedicated mixer channel with controls for volume, pan, ping-pong (auto panning), EQ (adapted specifically for each instrument) and send levels to the reverb and delay effects.
"As an avid drum machine lover and collector I'm typically skeptical of something that claims to emulate vintage rhythm machines. I must say Heartbeat is stunning, less emulation and more making the vintage modern. I've been using it on all my new score projects. It's killer!"American music producer, composer, technologist, audio technician, multi-instrumentalist
The synthesis engine
While Heartbeat draws inspiration from the best analog drum synths from the 1980s, it does not emulate any existing drum machine. The sound mostly originates from Softube's own modeled analog synthesis, which has been augmented with carefully selected waveforms.
The core of Heartbeat consists of the eight instrument channels. You will find two different bass drum channels, which can be as punchy and deep as you want them, but are also perfectly capable of producing snappy and hard hitting woody textures. The two dedicated snare drum channels have six parameters each which allows you to achieve anything from edgy rimshots, soft and whispery snare rolls to machine-like claps.
The percussion channels are identical and can be used to model anything from '80s style synthetic toms to cowbells and noise drops. And just like the other channels, the hihat and cymbal channels offer flexible synthesis engines — tweak to your heart's desire!
In order to make Heartbeat your one stop shop for beat programming, we added a fully featured effects section. It includes slightly adapted versions of our beloved model of Valley People Dyna-mite and one of our top sellers of all time, the TSAR-1 Reverb. The Dyna-mite is a dynamic shaping Swiss army knife with a serious attitude. Limiting, compression, gating, sidechained ducking — Dyna-mite handles it all. And TSAR-1 is simply the most gorgeous plug-in reverb ever created.
The all new Filter Echo is a filtered delay effect with adjustable Cut Off and Resonance parameters. And finally, the output saturation can go from juicy to gritty and is not taken from any existing Softube product.
Tweak using Native Instruments hardware
Heartbeat supports Native Instrument's Native Kontrol Standard. This means you can use it with Komplete Kontrol keyboards and Maschine units and get the same intuitive hands-on control of Heartbeat's functions as with any of Native Instruments' own products — all automatically laid out on the hardware's knobs, buttons and keys, and with no additional setting up needed.
- Eight channels of drum sounds, mostly based on modeled analog synthesis.
- Mixer with volume, EQ, effect sends and panning for each channel.
- Four channel Auto Layer Machine for layering sounds or triggering beat patterns.
- Chaos slider adds randomness to the behavior of Auto Layer Machine.
- Adapted versions of TSAR-1 Reverb and Valley People Dyna-mite included, as well as Filter Echo and output saturation.
- Use Heartbeat's instrument and EQ modules in Modular (this applies only to these components, not TSAR-1 and Dyna-mite).
- No iLok USB dongle required.
Have a listen
"Heartbeat is deep, punchy and classic futuristic. It's a one stop-shop for a solid drum machine beat."Programmer, mixer and producer for Depeche Mode, The Knife and Fever Ray
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer.
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space).
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7*, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application.
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in(s) and managing the license(s).
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8.
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer.