Tonelux Tilt and Tilt Live
Console 1 ready
A filter on steroids
Go from shimmering bright to warm and wide with a twist of a knob!
The Tonelux Tilt plug-in is a fast and easy way of making a track sit better in a mix or make it sound 'warmer' or 'cooler'. It's also perfect in a live situation where you need to tweak the whole mix to adjust for ear fatigue.
It couldn't be simpler
You may want to put Tonelux Tilt first on all your channels. It includes all the controls you need for a quick and rough setting before you get into the details — and it's quite possible you will find that Tilt was all your track needed to find its place in the mix.
"Tonelux Tilt is everything I need to start off my mixes. Whenever a sound is too dull or bright, I'm capable of fixing it in a split of a second rather than minutes. Tilt should be a mandatory tool for every single DAW!"Beyoncé, Lil Wayne, Missy Elliott, Timbaland
A joint effort
The Tilt plug-in is a joint development effort between Tonelux designer Paul Wolff and Softube, bringing the famous Tonelux sound to the digital world. The innovative Tilt design was first featured on the Tonelux MP1a discrete mic preamp module and has been a godsend for engineers and producers that need to take control of their sound in a fast and effective manner.
The Tilt filter
The Tilt filter does precisely what the name says — if you activate it and turn the control knob clockwise, it will attenuate the lows and boost the highs. Go counterclockwise, and the opposite happens — the sound gets fatter and darker. Turn on or off the Loud switch to make the effect stronger or back to keep it more subtle. So by the twist of a single knob, you give your sound a basic and nice sounding frequency trimming.
High and low pass filters
Move on to the gentle and natural sounding high and low pass filters, that are sweepable and switchable from -6 dB to -12 dB per octave. Finally, you will find a polarity reversal switch and a gain knob. See? All you need for a basic rough setting of each and every channel! Softube's model of Tonelux Tilt also includes modeling of the transformer found in the Tonelux MP1a mic preamp. The transformer adds a subtle distortion for bass frequencies which fattens up the low end of a track.
A special 'Live' version of the Tilt plug-in is included, which is optimized for Digidesign VENUE and other live systems and contains features requested by live sound engineers.
- Get the basic sound in place with a single knob.
- High and Low Pass filters, with 12 dB/oct option.
- Modeled output transformer distortion.
- Created together with original Tonelux designer Paul Wolff.
- Tilt Live plug-in included, optimized for live sound engineers.
- Very CPU friendly.
"My new addiction is the Tonelux Tilt. How brilliant is Paul Wolff?"Mixer/Engineer/Producer for Beck, U2, The Strokes, Elton John, etc.
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.