Phase for Days
Have you ever worried that your guitar just doesn't sound enough like a spaceship? We know we have. Coming from the ever-fertile mind of audio legend Paul Wolff, Fix Phaser perfectly covers this concern, and many others too.
Create subtle movement and texture in a string section or synth pad, wash a drum kit in stratospheric swirling attitude, create a throbbing, oscillating vibrato in a vocal, or simply swoosh and whoosh things to your heart's content.
Turn mono into stereo
The wide mode can create natural, convincing stereo soundscape from a mono track. Especially useful on guitars, vocals, drums and other instruments that sound static and lifeless.
From the mind of Paul Wolff
Fix Phaser builds on the mind-warping technical concepts already presented in the Fix Flanger and Doubler, completing the Fix modulation series. Never again will you reach into the toolbox and find an empty space where your spaceship should be.
"When I engaged the Fix Phaser on my mix buss, in the factory default setting, I started time traveling through the galaxy, and realized I was wearing shiny silver pants. This thing is absolutely awesome... all the best parts of a phaser without the silly overcooked elements. Nice job, folks!"Producer and songwriter for Katy Perry, Weezer, Adele, Timbaland, Mika, OneRepublic, Pink, The Deftones, Rufus Wainwright, etc.
What it does
With a clean and easy-to-navigate modern interface, the Fix Phaser loses none of that quintessential 70s/80s sound and style, and can transform a flat, dull track into a vibrant living beast in no time, and in a number of different ways. Sweep your phase centre at a rate anywhere between 0.01 and 6Hz, or let the incoming signal bump and pump the effect with the in-built envelope follower. Phase offset and regen settings allow further customisation of the sound, and three different stereo settings give the user control over the spread of the effect, from both mono and stereo sources.
- Lush vintage phasing sound in a modern plugin package.
- Wide and versatile feature set.
- Mix knob allows blending of wet and dry signals to taste.
- Create stereo soundscapes out of mono sources.
- Generate subtle movement in flat or dull-sounding instruments.
- Out-of-this-world whooshing effects.
Have a listen
"From the twisted mind of Paul Wolff comes a Fix Phaser that is capable of subtle to extreme '60s like phaser sweeps. An instant audio time warp."Mixer/Engineer/Producer for Beck, U2, The Strokes, Elton John, etc.
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.