- Value: This first-of-its-kind collection of native software gives genuine Empirical Labs sound and gargantuan savings vs. purchasing each piece separately
- Authenticity: Each plug-in was masterfully recreated in close collaboration with the legendary Dave Derr and Empirical Labs Inc.
- Includes three plug-ins: Mike-E compressor/saturator, Lil FrEQ EQ and de-esser, and the Trak Pak channel strip for Console 1
Login to see your price
Empirical Labs Complete Collection
When you think ELI, you think rock & roll. You think Dave Derr. You think quality modern analog. Aggressive, but never harsh in the extremes. The Empirical Labs Complete Collection allows you to do more than think about it. It lets you hear it, feel it, touch it, and taste it. All. For less.
Made in close collaboration with Dave Derr himself, this bundle of Empirical plug-ins will give your mixes that coveted analog tang heard on so many thousands of records. Precisely modeled and calibrated with mixing professionals and recording engineers in mind, the collection brings the retro grunge that ELI does so well into the DAW-based studio. Into your studio.
Empirical Labs Complete Collection includes the following plug-ins:
BOOK A LIVE DEMO
Itching to know all there is to know about our Empirical Labs + Softube suite of products? Or just want to get up and running as quick as you can? Either way, we got you covered. Book a private video session with our product demonstration team today. Learn more
Here we are now
Empirical Labs, under the leadership of the pro audio icon Dave Derr, is on a mission to make innovative, long-lasting equipment that’s a riot to use. With greatest hits like Fatso, DerrEsser, and Distressor, it’s safe to say they’re succeeding. Part of that success is due to ELI's dedication to real-world testing and results. As well as the conviction to go past good enough. ELI insist on continuing to refine their products. It’s an ethos we can get behind.
And so, after fifteen years of friendship and fun, we have. With a dedication to sound quality and quality gear, we proudly introduce four new products from Softube + Empirical Labs: Mike-E Comp, Lil FrEQ, Trak Pak, and the Empirical Labs Complete Collection.
- Empirical Labs Mike-E Comp
- Empirical Labs Lil FrEQ
- Empirical Labs Trak Pak for Console 1
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.18 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 11.6.1 - MacOS 12 Monterey support pending
- Windows 10 64-bit - Windows 11 support pending
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon - M1 support pending
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space).
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work. However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper, and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: We have checked the basic functionality of our plug-ins, and Softube Central, in macOS Monterey running under Apple Rosetta 2, and initial tests do look promising. Silicon M1 native support is pending.
Note: We have run initial tests of Softube Central and our plug-ins within Windows 11 with positive early results. Further testing and announcements will follow.
With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST format. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo. The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE is no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page)
Find the Softube installer you need both Softube Central and individual plug-ins.
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?