- The Tube-Tech Classic Channel — perhaps our best-loved plug-in emulation of analog hardware
- The CL 1B optical compressor – a modern classic in a plethora of genres
- Mid-range equalizer with the same passive, tube-driven design
Dynamics / EQ / Console 1 Ready
Tube-Tech Complete Collection
Tastefully warming and saturating any sound source with its tube-stages, and gently levelling them with its slow, smooth compression, the Tube-Tech Classic Channel is not a typical strip.
Comprised of three separate units, the passive tube-driven PE 1C and ME 1B ‘Pultec’-style equalizers and the world-famous CL 1B optical compressor, it brings warm, punchy analog sound to any production, and represents the very best in quality and versatility available for the modern DAW-based studio, or anywhere else for that matter.
"It's perfect for a vocal chain, bass channel, or even the entire stereo mix. I love the air of the top end and the compressor is versatile enough to do subtle mix compression or the aggressive bass or drum compression needed for modern pop music."Mixer/Engineer/Producer for Beck, U2, The Strokes, Elton John, etc.
Have a listen
Epic Analog Sound
This Mk II version of our beloved Tube-Tech Classic Channel benefits from all the sonic improvements to its component parts – a ground-up remodel of the CL 1B, and revamped EQs using our very latest signal processing technology.
Slick Channel Strip Workflow
Using channelstrip plug-ins can emulate the analog console workflow in a pleasing and time-saving way. A consistent sound and approach on every channel is often the best route to a stellar mix in the box.
Seven Plug-Ins Included
Includes Classic Channel Mk II, individual Mk II plug-ins (Tube-Tech Mk II equalizer and CL 1B Mk II compressor), and all our legacy Tube-Tech plug-ins (Classic Channel, PE 1C and ME 1B equalizers, and CL 1B).
"The new CL 1B plug in is a life saver! It just feels so 'right'. I own a hardware CL 1B (but just one), and this plug allows me to use it on as many tracks as I want... and the new Wet/Dry control is a game changer! As for the Classic Channel mkII, it may be the most flexible EQ I have ever used going from dramatic to subtle... That, combined with the CL 1B in the chain make this plugin bulletproof! You can pretty much fix any issue you inherit with this thing!!!"Grammy nominated songwriter and producer for artists such as Meghan Trainor and Jason Mraz
Long and happy partnership
As long ago as 2006, Softube formed a partnership with Tube-Tech of Lydkraft, Denmark, and began work on what would become the definitive plug-in representations of Tube-Tech’s best and most highly-prized analog hardware units.
In 2018 we released the updated Mk II versions; a total ground-up remodel of the CL 1B compressor, and a single combined EQ plug-in, taking advantage of our latest signal processing technology. We also added stunning high-resolution graphics and additional features to make the best even better.
Building on the success of our original Tube-Tech plug-ins, we added features like parallel blend and side-chain low cut to the CL 1B.
Further to that, mid/side processing opens the Classic Channel up for the first time to serious applications of stereo-image management; compress and EQ your kick and snare differently from your overheads, for example, for a wider or more compact drum mix. Or in mastering, gently balance the vocal against the rest of the track by low-cutting the detector circuit of the ‘mid’ portion of the signal and homing in on exactly what you need.
You might think the way a plug-in looks is immaterial. But size and resolution on a modern display can be a big factor in user experience. The Tube-Tech MkII collections all use our very latest high-resolution graphics standards to match up to their extraordinary sound quality. Even on the biggest, most impressive screens, these units look sharp, clean, and real, so you're always in the moment.
What is the Classic Channel?
The Tube-Tech Classic Channel (the heart of the Complete Collection) combines the CL 1B optical compressor with the PE 1C and the ME 1B, two complementary tube-driven passive equalizers.
The CL 1B is a modern classic for good reason; across genres it brings warmth through its tube stages, transparent operation on transients through its quick attack, and smooth, musical levelling due to the slow reset characteristics of its gain reduction element.
And with the equalizers you can shape the sound of a track, a bus or a whole mix within seconds. The highs sound smooth and gentle, the mid-range airy and focused, and the lows full and fat.
Console 1 Ready
These plug-ins can be used within Console 1, our mixing ecosystem. Click to learn more.
- The Tube-Tech Classic Channel — perhaps our best-loved plug-in emulation of analog hardware.
- A ‘Pultec’-style low and high end equalizer.
- Mid-range equalizer with the same passive, tube-driven design.
- The CL 1B optical compressor – a modern classic in a plethora of genres.
- Improved sound, with a total remodel of the CL 1B, along with an update to the EQs using our latest signal processing technology.
- New features – mid/side processing, and in the CL 1B, side-chain low-cut filters and parallel blend.
- Spectacular new high-resolution graphics.
- Legacy plug-ins included.
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.
Tube-Tech Complete Collection (upgrade from Tube-Tech PE 1C and Tube-Tech CL 1B)
Tube-Tech Complete Collection (upgrade from Tube-Tech CL 1B)
Tube-Tech Complete Collection (upgrade from Tube-Tech Equalizer Collection)
Tube-Tech Complete Collection (upgrade from Tube-Tech Compressor Collection)
Tube-Tech Complete Collection (upgrade from Tube-Tech Classic Channel)