Tube-Tech Compressor Collection
Console 1 ready
An update on a classic
The Tube-Tech CL 1B is a modern classic for a very good reason. As a vocal compressor in particular, its mixture of characteristic warm slow opto gain reduction and surprisingly versatile can’t-sound-bad operation have made it a staple across a wider variety of genres than perhaps any other optical compressor. Classic rock, cutting-edge pop, rap and hip hop, EDM… you name it.
This Mk II version benefits from a complete ground-up sonic re-model, utilising another decade's worth of experience, technology, and know-how. It sounds better than ever. And it looks fresh too, with cutting edge high-res graphics. Not to mention the feature-update, adding side-chain low cut filters and parallel mixing.
Your new favourite compressor? It could just be.
We’ve remodelled this luxury piece of studio hardware from the ground up, using our latest and best-ever component modelling and signal processing technology to give more detailed, punchier sound than ever.
With brand new high-resolution graphics, the CL 1B looks gorgeous even on 4K and ultra-HD screens. You’ll want to reach out and grab the knobs the second you see it.
Your mixes will enter a new realm of magnificence once you start applying this very special compressor to your tracks. Beef up drums, warm and smooth your vocals, or enrich your bass in seconds.
"The new CL 1B plug in is a life saver! It just feels so 'right'. I own a hardware CL 1B (but just one), and this plug allows me to use it on as many tracks as I want... and the new Wet/Dry control is a game changer!"Grammy nominated songwriter and producer for artists such as Meghan Trainor and Jason Mraz
When you start to use the CL 1B, you’ll be in control of a very special unit indeed – the tendency of an opto compressor is to grab hold fairly quickly but then take a while to fully reset, with a strongly exponential release curve. This means the transients are dealt with in a transparent way, but the larger body of the material benefits from a soft and musical levelling as the final ten or twenty percent of the gain reduction lingers before the next transient.
It’s a sound every mix engineer should have on lock-down for bass, acoustic guitars, vocals and much more.
Softube and Tube-Tech go way back. We first started working with the Danish hardware giants on plug-in adaptations of their products as far back as 2006, and our original CL 1B plug-in was a hit with producers, artists, and reviewers alike.
The Tube-Tech Mk II Compressor Collection includes the CL 1B Mk II compressor and the original legacy CL 1B compressor, ensuring your old sessions stay alive while allowing you to benefit from the updates. Owners of the original plug-in can upgrade for a minimal fee – log in to your Softube account for your personalised information.
- Improved sound; a total remodel from the ground up using our latest technology.
- New features; side-chain low-cut filters and parallel blend.
- Spectacular new high-resolution graphics.
- Characterful and yet still versatile compression.
- Great for vocals.
- The CL 1B optical compressor — a modern classic in a plethora of genres.
- Legacy plug-in version included.
Have a listen
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.