Time to get reel!
Analog tape has a smoothing effect and adds cohesion and weight to a mix – it takes the recording from a collection of individual tracks into a song where everything is connected and works together.
Tape includes three different tape machines in one plug-in. They are all very easy to use, so just play around with the settings until you feel satisfied with the warm and vintage sound.
Ease of use
Select your favorite tape machine Type and adjust the Amount knob, that's all it takes. Easier still, load up one of the included presets to soak your tracks in analog tape sweetness.
Feel like tweaking?
Experiment with different tape speed settings or open the Remote Control panel where you can adjust the tape machine's speed stability, crosstalk amount and several other features.
Dense sound, light on CPU
As most Softube plug-ins, Tape is light on your computer's processor. Add a single instance of Tape on your master or go full vintage style by adding Tape to every single track in your mix, your computer will be able to handle it!
"Tape sounds FANTASTIC. I like Type A and C the best. Overall, the sound of it is outstanding!!!"American music producer, composer, technologist, audio technician, multi-instrumentalist
Tape includes presets made by made by award winning engineers such as Joe Chiccarelli (Beck, U2, Strokes) and Howard Willing (Smashing Pumpkins, Sheryl Crow, Kris Kristofferson).
Three different tape machines
Type A is based on a classic Swiss high end reel-to-reel machine, known and loved for its precision and linearity. Type B is much more colorful — it's a transformer based machine which adds extra weight and cream to the low end. Lastly, Type C is based on a British tape machine with a distinct vintage vibe.
Extras for Studio One users
If you run Presonus Studio One, you can not only use Tape as a standard plug-in. Adding Tape to your MixFX slot gives you Tape Multitrack. Tape Multitrack includes all the goodies of Tape, but in addition, you get selectable crosstalk between each individual track — and you can easily control the Tape Multitrack settings from a single interface. The Tape and Tape Multitrack license is one and the same. This means that if you're not a Studio One user but at some future point decide to switch to that DAW, you will already have Tape Multitrack installed, licensed and ready to go.
- Realistic analog tape sound.
- Three tape machine types included.
- Easy to use.
- Low CPU usage.
- Includes Tape Multitrack which can be used in the MixFX slot of Presonus Studio One — adding individual channel crosstalk and single interface control of all tracks.
Have a listen
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.