- Fold control with a CV input and dedicated attenuator.
- Thru-zero symmetry control with a bipolar CV input and dedicated attenuator.
- Stages switch to select 2, 4 or 6 stages of folding.
Intellijel µFold II
Add subtle extra harmonics, or dive headfirst into total folded madness. Intellijel µFold II is a wavefolder which shapes the timbre of an oscillator or any other audio signal you feed it.
With just a few simple controls the µFold II (pronounced 'microfold') lets you manipulate the harmonic spectrum, going from subtle additional harmonics for air, grit, and flavor, to total folded insanity. Available as an officially licensed expansion for Softube Modular, it lets you create a vast range of timbres from any source, but is essentially easy to use and cleanly thought-out.
"Rubicon and µFold are lovely combined, together they make a great complex oscillator. Super flexible in timbre and easy to work with. The sound sucks you in, with a lot of depth and presence, and the harmonics and overtones are really sweet, warm and alive."Electronic artist and music producer
Have a listen
From subtle to mayhem
Take a waveform, or any audio signal, and add overtones to create anything from warm saturation to crunchy, aggressive, screaming distortion.
"The tones generated by the µFold always sit well in the mix. Just run a simple sine wave from the A-110 through the µFold and marvel how it starts to bark and bite."Music producer and sound designer for New Forms, V Recordings
Studying the greats
The original hardware was created by Intellijel in close collaboration with David Dixon. The designers looked very closely at how some of the most loved timbre shaping circuits worked in classic synth modules; not just in how they were implemented electronically but how they sounded and how efficient they were to get great sounds.
- Made for Modular, Softube's Eurorack platform. Learn more about Modular
- Fold control with a CV input and dedicated attenuator
- Thru-zero symmetry control with a bipolar CV input and dedicated attenuator
- Stages switch to select 2, 4 or 6 stages of folding