- Fold control with a CV input and dedicated attenuator.
- Thru-zero symmetry control with a bipolar CV input and dedicated attenuator.
- Stages switch to select 2, 4 or 6 stages of folding.
Intellijel µFold II
Add subtle extra harmonics, or dive headfirst into total folded madness. Intellijel µFold II is a wavefolder which shapes the timbre of an oscillator or any other audio signal you feed it.
With just a few simple controls the µFold II (pronounced 'microfold') lets you manipulate the harmonic spectrum, going from subtle additional harmonics for air, grit, and flavor, to total folded insanity. Available as an officially licensed expansion for Softube Modular, it lets you create a vast range of timbres from any source, but is essentially easy to use and cleanly thought-out.
"Rubicon and µFold are lovely combined, together they make a great complex oscillator. Super flexible in timbre and easy to work with. The sound sucks you in, with a lot of depth and presence, and the harmonics and overtones are really sweet, warm and alive."Electronic artist and music producer
Have a listen
From subtle to mayhem
Take a waveform, or any audio signal, and add overtones to create anything from warm saturation to crunchy, aggressive, screaming distortion.
"The tones generated by the µFold always sit well in the mix. Just run a simple sine wave from the A-110 through the µFold and marvel how it starts to bark and bite."Music producer and sound designer for New Forms, V Recordings
Studying the greats
The original hardware was created by Intellijel in close collaboration with David Dixon. The designers looked very closely at how some of the most loved timbre shaping circuits worked in classic synth modules; not just in how they were implemented electronically but how they sounded and how efficient they were to get great sounds.
- Made for Modular, Softube's Eurorack platform. Learn more about Modular
- Fold control with a CV input and dedicated attenuator
- Thru-zero symmetry control with a bipolar CV input and dedicated attenuator
- Stages switch to select 2, 4 or 6 stages of folding
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.38 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 12
- Windows 10 and 11 64-bit
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / Full Apple silicon support (M1 or higher)
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space)
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work. However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper, and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: We have checked the basic functionality of our plug-ins, and Softube Central, under Apple Rosetta 2.
With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST format. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo. The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE is no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page).
Find the Softube installer you need both Softube Central and individual plug-ins.
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?