- Modern and powerful high-end reverb
- Also includes the TSAR-1R Reverb
- Extraordinary versatility
Modular ready, Effects
The TSAR-1 Reverb is not an emulation. It's not a stock design. It's not a static snapshot of a space. The TSAR-1 is a powerful, modern reverb algorithm. It's alive and vibrant, it's gentle and dreamy, and above all — it's natural and believable.
The TSAR-1 is the better-sounding alternative to the established, traditional reverb products. At a fraction of the price.
Magic through algorithm
The True Stereo Algorithm inside the TSAR-1 is what gives it its magic. The strength lies in its sophisticated sound and versatility, no matter whether it's used on strings and brass or rock drums and lead vocals, it always shines.
Powerful and intuitive
TSAR-1 has a comprehensive and easy-to-use interface that is unparallelled in other high-end reverb products.
"TSAR-1 Reverb is one of the best sounding 'verbs out there at the moment."Mixer and author
Have a listen
This plug-in can be used within Modular, our Eurorack platform. Click to learn more.
Easy to use, packed with presets
The TSAR-1 has been designed with ease of use in mind. Instead of a myriad of controls, we gave the user interface five sliders and a couple of switched options. But you may very well find you never need to use even these simple controls. Because we included a solid bank of presets, which will cover most of your needs. The presets are clearly named for their intended use, so find a setting you like, maybe tweak a little — and you're good to go.
Predelay Use it as a rhythmic effect or to carefully match the tail with the early reflections.
Time Longer or shorter reverb tail. Where do you want to go today?
Density Smooth, modern and dense, or sparse, lush and vintage.
Tone Dark or bright? No need to adjust dozens of knobs to get the character you need.
High Cut Too much sizzle? Cut the highs.
Early Reflections Type Large, Medium or Small? What room do you want to place your tracks in?
Early Reflections Mix Already got a good sounding room and just need some longer reverb? Turn down the earlies with the mix knob.
Diffusion Need that extra smoothness on your snare?
Modulation A vintage style chorus-y modulation, or a modern and classy modulation?
Reverb Mix and Output Volume They just have to be there, right?
Interactive Display Show both current and previous settings, and toggle between those by clicking on each of the parameter value displays.
Extensive Preset Library 41 well designed presets, categorized into a 'modern' and a 'vintage' set. The modern set focuses on the classy reverb sounds of today, while the vintage set mimics the characters of old school reverbs we still love to use.
"When it comes to reverbs, I want fast access to the key parameters like time, pre delay, tone, etc. These are all there, and the reverb also happens to sound beautiful. The TSAR-1 just sounds big!"Composer, producer and musician for Santigold, Charli XCX, Robyn, Lana Del Rey, Miike Snow
- True Stereo Algorithm.
- Extraordinary versatility.
- Comprehensive user interface.
- Modern and powerful high-end reverb.
- Extensive preset library.
- Also includes the TSAR-1R Reverb.
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.