Modular Ready / Effects / Amp Room Ready
The free plug-in Saturation Knob is a modeled output distortion that can be used anywhere you need some grit.
Use it to fatten up bass lines, add some harmonics and shimmer to vocals, or simply destroy your drum loop.
One Big Knob and a Little Switch
The three modes—Keep High, Neutral and Keep Low—give you three kinds of characters of distortion. If you want to squash a drum loop but keep the bass drum fairly intact, you can, for example, use the Keep Low mode, while Keep High distorts the low end more, keeping the high frequencies relatively clean.
"My response when they told me the Saturation Knob is a free plug-in was — are you nuts? Seriously? It's too good to be free! I use it to make guitars fatter and more aggressive, snares naturally brighter, kicks punchier, vocals warmer. Basically, it's good on just about anything. Saturation Knob should be renamed Attitude Adjuster! If a plugin can be addicting, the Saturation Knob is it!"Seven Grammy awards, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Coldplay
Yes, It's Free
You can download the Saturation Knob for free and get a taste of warm analog saturation in your mixes.
Saturation Knob native plug-in
With Saturation Knob, you can fatten up bass lines, add shimmer to vocals, or totally demolish your drum loop. It is the perfect plug-in to grab when you need some grit. (And it's free.)
Saturation Knob for Modular
Saturation Knob for Modular, our virtual Eurorack platform, helps you create sensational synth sounds. Virtually patch it to modules from Doepfer, Buchla, Intellijel, and more to discover new sonic spheres.
Saturation Knob for Amp Room
Saturation Knob for Amp Room, our pro audio guitar and bass platform, is addictive fun. Combine it with other studio effects, classic amps, cabs, and pedals to easily create studio-quality, record-ready tones.
This product supports
We love VU meters, Bakelite knobs, and analog quirks. But we want modern precision and workflow. The answer? Softube Extended Features. Easy-access panels with the innovations you need close at hand.
This plug-in can be used within Modular, our Eurorack platform. Click to learn more.
- Download for free
- Three modes: Keep High, Neutral, and Keep Low
- Great for fattening up drums and bass, adding harmonics to vocals, and more
- Modeled output distortion
- Modular Ready: works as a native plug-in and as a module in Modular, Softube's Eurorack platform. Learn more about Modular
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.38 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 12
- Windows 10 and 11 64-bit
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / Full Apple silicon support (M1 or higher)
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space)
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work. However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper, and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: We have checked the basic functionality of our plug-ins, and Softube Central, under Apple Rosetta 2.
With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST format. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo. The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE is no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page).
Find the Softube installer you need both Softube Central and individual plug-ins.
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?