Dive into the details,
- A painstakingly faithful modeling of the esteemed hardware original that even its papa, Ivor Drawmer, can love
- Original Drawmer 1973 vibes with bonus features that bring the award-winning compressor into the now
- Control that lets you micro-manage your dynamics and versatility to ignite your creativity
Drawmer 1973 Multi-Band Compressor
From an era marked by sound experimentation, comes the Drawmer 1973 plug-in. The classic Drawmer three-band stereo compressor has been updated and faithfully modeled for superior sound quality—to the satisfaction of the legendary Ivor Drawmer himself.
Steer the dynamics of your sound with absolute precision while maintaining that unmistakeable analog feeling. Presets allow you to hit the ground running while the incredible versatility of features, such as the three-way switch, let you manage every detail or go full-on experimental-mode. The Drawmer 1973 plug-in ups the wattage of your creative power, bringing a classic ethos to modern pro audio. Get down to the nitty-gritty, analog-style.
Have a listen
"It's absolutely glorious. My favorite new compressor."American music producer, composer, technologist, audio technician, multi-instrumentalist
Embrace Your Inner Micro-manager
Mastering with the Drawmer 1973 gives you independent control over three frequency bands, which is often a miracle-cure for problem mixes. Pull out individual instruments, brighten the mix, or tighten the lows. Or, by all means, do it all.
Obsess Over the Details
Make your mixes wider and louder, shoehorn a piano into a dense mix, or curb the temper of an unruly bass guitar. The Drawmer 1973 Multi-Band Compressor plug-in lets you dive deep into the details, analogstyle.
Be a Control-freak
The Drawmer 1973 is equally useful on single-sound sources in a mix. Take away the boomy character of an acoustic guitar in a perfectly natural-sounding manner. Control the low-frequency dynamics of a bass, but leave its top-end alive and kicking. Or remove sharp consonant sounds from a vocal track without eliminating detail and clarity.
This product supports
We love VU meters, Bakelite knobs, and analog quirks. But we want modern precision and workflow. The answer? Softube Extended Features. Easy-access panels with the innovations you need close at hand.
Drawmer Sound, Softube Science
Modeled with the exquisite care and attention to detail that we’ve become known for, we worked in collaboration with the Drawmer research and development team to make sure that the 1973’s original designers love the final product just as much as we do. Officially licensed, fully-endorsed, and approved by Ivor Drawmer himself, the science behind the Drawmer 1973 plug-in brings the award-winning compressor up-to-date without a hint of compromise on that classic Drawmer sound.
Why mess with a good thing?
The Drawmer 1973 is a modern classic for a reason. The plug-in stays true to the look and sound of the original hardware while packing heavyhitting contemporary features behind the retro facade. The slick interface of the plug-in echoes back to the original, but the analog sound that the Drawmer 1973 hardware is known for is kept fully intact. Because what’s cool will always be cool.
Retro and futuristic
The Drawmer 1973 plug-in has the look and the sound of the original, but it’s the added up-to-the-minute specs that make it a creative rocketship. Look for Mid/Side processing and sidechain to give you even more versatile compression and dynamic control. The Drawmer 1973 plug-in is both then and now with thrilling results.
"I've used it now on at least 10 mixes and I have to say this is one of the most versatile and best sounding compressors ever made!"Producer for Christina Aguilera
- Three-band FET compressor carefully modeled on the original Drawmer 1973
- Officially licensed and created in collaboration with Drawmer
- Gives you precise control of the sound source's dynamics
- The look and sound of the original with extra features that bring it up-to-date
- Added Mid/Side mode and sidechaining not available on the original hardware.
- Includes presets from the Drawmer S73 and more
- Minimal latency and CPU load
- Super-versatile for maximum creativity
- macOS 10.15 Catalina, Big Sur 11, Monterey 12
- Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Computer with AU, VST, VST3 and/or AAX compatible DAW host software
- Internet access (for downloading installers and managing licenses)