- A painstakingly faithful modeling of the esteemed hardware original that even its papa, Ivor Drawmer, can love
- Original Drawmer 1973 vibes with bonus features that bring the award-winning compressor into the now
- Control that lets you micro-manage your dynamics and versatility to ignite your creativity
Drawmer 1973 Multi-Band Compressor
From an era marked by sound experimentation, comes the Drawmer 1973 plug-in. The classic Drawmer three-band stereo compressor has been updated and faithfully modeled for superior sound quality—to the satisfaction of the legendary Ivor Drawmer himself.
Steer the dynamics of your sound with absolute precision while maintaining that unmistakeable analog feeling. Presets allow you to hit the ground running while the incredible versatility of features, such as the three-way switch, let you manage every detail or go full-on experimental-mode. The Drawmer 1973 plug-in ups the wattage of your creative power, bringing a classic ethos to modern pro audio. Get down to the nitty-gritty, analog-style.
Have a listen
"It's absolutely glorious. My favorite new compressor."American music producer, composer, technologist, audio technician, multi-instrumentalist
Embrace Your Inner Micro-manager
Mastering with the Drawmer 1973 gives you independent control over three frequency bands, which is often a miracle-cure for problem mixes. Pull out individual instruments, brighten the mix, or tighten the lows. Or, by all means, do it all.
Obsess Over the Details
Make your mixes wider and louder, shoehorn a piano into a dense mix, or curb the temper of an unruly bass guitar. The Drawmer 1973 Multi-Band Compressor plug-in lets you dive deep into the details, analogstyle.
Be a Control-freak
The Drawmer 1973 is equally useful on single-sound sources in a mix. Take away the boomy character of an acoustic guitar in a perfectly natural-sounding manner. Control the low-frequency dynamics of a bass, but leave its top-end alive and kicking. Or remove sharp consonant sounds from a vocal track without eliminating detail and clarity.
This product supports
We love VU meters, Bakelite knobs, and analog quirks. But we want modern precision and workflow. The answer? Softube Extended Features. Easy-access panels with the innovations you need close at hand.
Drawmer Sound, Softube Science
Modeled with the exquisite care and attention to detail that we’ve become known for, we worked in collaboration with the Drawmer research and development team to make sure that the 1973’s original designers love the final product just as much as we do. Officially licensed, fully-endorsed, and approved by Ivor Drawmer himself, the science behind the Drawmer 1973 plug-in brings the award-winning compressor up-to-date without a hint of compromise on that classic Drawmer sound.
Why mess with a good thing?
The Drawmer 1973 is a modern classic for a reason. The plug-in stays true to the look and sound of the original hardware while packing heavyhitting contemporary features behind the retro facade. The slick interface of the plug-in echoes back to the original, but the analog sound that the Drawmer 1973 hardware is known for is kept fully intact. Because what’s cool will always be cool.
Retro and futuristic
The Drawmer 1973 plug-in has the look and the sound of the original, but it’s the added up-to-the-minute specs that make it a creative rocketship. Look for Mid/Side processing and sidechain to give you even more versatile compression and dynamic control. The Drawmer 1973 plug-in is both then and now with thrilling results.
"I've used it now on at least 10 mixes and I have to say this is one of the most versatile and best sounding compressors ever made!"Producer for Christina Aguilera
- Three-band FET compressor carefully modeled on the original Drawmer 1973
- Officially licensed and created in collaboration with Drawmer
- Gives you precise control of the sound source's dynamics
- The look and sound of the original with extra features that bring it up-to-date
- Added Mid/Side mode and sidechaining not available on the original hardware.
- Includes presets from the Drawmer S73 and more
- Minimal latency and CPU load
- Super-versatile for maximum creativity
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.18 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 11.6.1 - MacOS 12 Monterey support pending
- Windows 10 64-bit - Windows 11 support pending
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon - M1 support pending
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space).
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work. However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper, and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: We have checked the basic functionality of our plug-ins, and Softube Central, in macOS Monterey running under Apple Rosetta 2, and initial tests do look promising. Silicon M1 native support is pending.
Note: We have run initial tests of Softube Central and our plug-ins within Windows 11 with positive early results. Further testing and announcements will follow.
With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST format. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo. The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE is no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page)
Find the Softube installer you need both Softube Central and individual plug-ins.
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?