Screaming guitar feedback in the box!
Release your inner beast with our stunningly, brutally realistic guitar feedback simulator plug-in. Go from moderate and subtle to rampant and wild with the twist of a knob (or two).
One thing that is really hard to achieve with an amp simulation (whether a plug-in or in hardware) is the interaction in a room between the guitar and amplifier when you turn up loud. Enter Acoustic Feedback, which does just that!
Take control of feedback amount and tolerance, and use the mix knob for the perfect wet/dry blend. Make sure it's (as we say in Sweden) "lagom" – just right. Or go crazy. Your call!
Get real, in the box
Our physical-modeling chops, developed in our Amp Room products and many others, helped us create an authentic, complex acoustic effect. It's just like the real thing, whether creating subtle ambience, or playing at "beyond-loud" level.
A stripped down, but still equally sweet-sounding, version of the White amp from Vintage Amp Room is included with Acoustic Feedback.
"With only a few adjustments you really have a tool that can reproduce realistic feedbacks."Magazine (Germany)
Feedback from a friend
Whether you just want single notes to keep hanging a little longer and gently fade to sustained feedback or you want instant and rampant howls for your noise rock, Acoustic Feedback is your friend.
Nothing in software sounds better, works better, or feels better – it even responds naturally to unusual playing techniques because it's a detailed physical model, rather than a one-shot snapshot/convolution gimmick.
No rules, no limits
To break new musical ground, try inputting a synthesizer, a violin, or even your mother's grand piano. The only limit is your imagination.
Acoustic feedback is great for giving a gentle synth pad a yearning, churning heart, or for turning an unassuming vocal into a clarion call. Place your listener in a surprising, inspiring acoustic landscape from the comfort of your computer.
Acoustic Feedback comes bundled with a simplified version of the White amp from Vintage Amp Room. Due to careless handling over the decades (or something like that) all the controls on your White amp, except the master volume and mic position, have sadly broken off. But that doesn't mean you can't crank it for a killer tone. Fine feedback fodder!
- Realistic simulation (physical modeling) of guitar feedback.
- Fully responsive to vibratos, bends, slides, tremolos etc.
- Simple user interface — control amount of feedback with the Feedback knob, and the sensitivity with the Tolerance switch.
- Compatible with MIDI foot controls.
- Includes a stripped down, but extremely useful, version of the White amp from Vintage Amp Room.
Have a listen
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.