Never break the chain.
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. The signal chain is no different. You can have the best singer in the world, using the best microphone, but if you send your signal through an EQ, compressor, reverb, or mastering limiter that's anything less than the best, your results will never sound as good as they could. Every plug-in in the Volume 2 collection represents an upgrade in terms of sound quality, meaning you can rely on them to match up to, even enhance, the great sound you work so hard on.
What is Volume 2?
Volume 2 is our most complete plug-in collection to date, and comes packed with magnificent new plug-ins, superb signal processing tools, award-winning amp simulations, phenomenal instruments, and top-notch effects.
Upgrade your sound
Every Volume 2 plug-in is the best-sounding version available of what it is. They simply sound more alive, more accurate, more appealing. Our industry-leading analog component modeling techniques are trusted by world-renowned brands, Drawmer, Summit Audio, Trident, and Weiss.
Pioneering Preset Collection
Softube's brand new Preset Collection and management system makes every plug-in more valuable than ever before. Use tags, images, color-coding and more to organize and refine your sounds.
"TSAR-1 has become our go-to reverb for everything."Producer and songwriter for Adele, Weezer, Katy Perry, Timbaland, The Deftones, Rufus Wainright & more
Introducing Volume 2
With our Volume 2 plug-in collection you can create epic drum machine and synth tracks, process and polish vocals and acoustic instruments, amp up electric guitars and basses, tie a mix together with premium-quality effects, and add a professional finish to any sound source.
We've also vastly improved our mastering offering, with the addition of Tape, our fastest-selling plug-in yet, for the crème de la crème of analog vibe, and the class-leading digital limiting sonics of the Weiss MM-1 Mastering Maximizer.
Analog sound from analog legends
Alongside Softube original plug-ins, and the Weiss digital mastering maximizer, Volume 2 contains officially licensed emulations of analog hardware from some of the biggest and most well-respected names in pro audio. A channel strip from Summit Audio, dynamics from Drawmer, and a classic equalizer from Trident. Use the very same gear as iconic artists and producers of the past and present.
Quality from start to finish
Volume 2 isn't simply a mixing and mastering suite. It also features tools for creation.
Included in the price are Heartbeat and Modular, two of the finest and most impressive-sounding soft-synths available. Heartbeat is a drum machine with an astonishingly wide variety of sonic potential, especially given its relatively simple interface. Modular, meanwhile, is a painstaking emulation of the Eurorack modular synth standard, offering near infinite possibilities for bass, leads, even pads and percussion, with its patchable module-based design. Officially endorsed by Doepfer, the German company who defined the Eurorack standard in the first place, nothing comes close to sounding and working the way Modular does.
Volume 2 integrates with Native Instruments hardware and software. Plug-in parameters and presets can be controlled from KOMPLETE KONTROL and MASCHINE.
"Volume 2 has everything you might need. Any sound. Any color. Everything in Volume 2 is the best version of that thing available."Vocals & guitar, The Shadowboxers
What is included?
Volume 2 includes the following plug-ins:
"A well-diversified set of tools that can easily cover many aspects of mixing and take on production tasks with two fine virtual instruments."One of the biggest music production forums
Volume 2 (upgrade from Amp Room Bundle)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Bass Amp Room)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Drawmer S73)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Effect Bundle)
Volume 2 (upgrade from FET Compressor)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Fix Flanger and Doubler)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Heartbeat)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Mix Bundle)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Modular)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Studio Collection)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Summit Audio EQF-100)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Summit Audio Grand Channel)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Summit Audio TLA-100A)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Time and Tone Bundle)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Time and Tone Plus)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Trident A-Range)
Volume 2 (upgrade from TSAR-1 Reverb)
Volume 2 (upgrade from TSAR-1R Reverb)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Tube Delay)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Vintage Amp Room)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Volume 1)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Tape)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Fix Phaser)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Weiss MM-1 Mastering Maximizer)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Volume 1 and Tape)
Volume 2 (upgrade from Volume 1 and Fix Phaser)
- Three new plug-ins.
- Tape, our fastest-selling plug-in yet, for the crème de la crème of analog vibe.
- Fix Phaser, an all-in-one analog phasing effect. The best there is.
- Weiss MM-1, the revolutionary and intelligent Mastering Maximizer.
- The complete mixing and mastering collection from Softube.
- Unrivalled sound quality, keeping your signal chain unbroken.
- Softube Preset Collection now active, making each and every plug-in more valuable than ever.
- Heartbeat and Modular give you the very best sounding soft-synths available. Softube’s own award-winning Amp Room plug-ins for guitars and bass.
- EQs, compressors, channelstrips, and more from Summit Audio, Trident, and Drawmer.
- Effects including the Fix modulation series, our TSAR-1 and TSAR-1R reverbs, Tube Delay, and much-loved little warrior, the Saturation Knob.
- 90 minute tutorial video from Puremix included in purchase.
Have a listen
"Bass Amp Room is perfect when you need a little extra oomph. Add it to the DI track and blend it in."Engineer/mixer for Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer, Audioslave, Linkin Park, Green Day, Adele and U2
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument's page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.