Changes in v.2.4.58 (released on May 15, 2018)
This release contains a specialized de-esser version of the Weiss DS1-MK3, the Weiss Deess, with modern graphics and easy to use interface. And you been asking for this for years, so here it is! We've created mark II versions of the full Tube-Tech line, with additional features such as M/S processing in Classic Channel. The last addition is Tube Delay for Modular. On top of that we've fixed a bunch of issues, added retina for a couple of products, and added a support for the UAD Distressor in Console 1. Note: Weiss Deess is at version 2.4.59, all other plug-ins are at 2.4.58.
- We have updated the graphics system to make the graphic updates more smooth.
- Scanning Audio Units on macOS 10.13 should now work better.
- Console 1: Fixed a crash when closing the On-Screen Display on Mac that prevented it from saving preferences in some situations.
- Console 1: Changed the default value of the Weiss MM-1 Limiter Gain to 0 dB.
- FET Compressor: Fixed an issue with the External LED meter when changing Input Gain.
- Preset Collection: The Mac Natural Scroll direction setting should now work as intended.
- Drawmer 1973, Drawmer S73 and Heartbeat now have support for Retina graphics.
- Fixed issues with CPU spikes in Heartbeat, Modular, Weiss MM1 and Preset Collection.
- Fixed several Retina graphics issues with Automation Highlights in Pro Tools.
- Weiss DS1-MK3: The Waveform View now starts scrolling from the right.
- Weiss DS1-MK3 and Weiss MM-1: Added some missing Pro Tools Automation Highlights.
- Weiss DS1-MK3 and Weiss MM-1: The maximum gain reduction of the two channels is now reported to hosts with built-in gain reduction meters, instead of the sum.
- Weiss DS1-MK3 and Weiss MM-1: Removed an incorrect half-sample delay in 44/48 kHz.
- Weiss DS1-MK3 and Weiss MM-1: Added parameter quantization to match the hardware.
- Weiss DS1-MK3, Weiss MM-1: Added VST2/AU, VST3 and AAX presets.
- Modular and Modular FX: Added VST3 and AAX presets for Spring Reverb.
- Modular and Modular FX: Added an error message when the module limit of 100 modules is reached..
- Preset Collection: An issue where some Modular and Modular FX factory presets failed to show up has been fixed.
- Preset Collection: Removed a very annoying error popup if the user preset directory cannot be created. The problem on Windows with user names using certain non-ASCII characters is still there but at least you won’t have to click through a bunch of popups.
- Preset Collection: Some minor GUI bugs have been fixed.
- When using Pro Tools on Windows the Preset Collection window often gets hidden behind the Pro Tools window. Can be recovered with Alt-Tab, pressing twice on the "Preset", button, etc .
- In Pro Tools user created presets are erroneously marked as modified when loaded in Preset Collection.
- Console 1 Pro Tools Error -9105 when using UAD plug-ins. Fixed in Pro Tools 2018.1. We are still working on a fix for older versions of Pro Tools.
- We are working on usability features for Preset Collection, such as a list view and other helpful features. Please let us know what you'd like to have!
- Preset Collection blocks some keyboard events from getting to the DAW, like space for start/stop. We're investigating how we could fix this.
- Weiss DS1-MK3 and Weiss MM-1 projects in Wavelab are rendered with a fade-in. We will try to fix this issue as soon as possible.
- Weiss Deess: Plug-in delay compensation does not work as intended in Studio One and Logic.