Dynamics / Console 1 Ready
Whether you’re trying to tame sibilance in a lead vocal, rein in a sharp-sounding hi-hat, or reduce harshness while mastering, a truly great de-esser is as elusive as it is essential. Enter the Weiss Deess, available as an individual plug-in or as part of the Weiss DS1-MK3 collection.
With a combination of the highly-prized sonics of the industry gold-standard Weiss DS1-MK3 – the go-to digital hardware de-essing unit used in top mastering studios the world over – and a totally modern and focused approach in design, Softube is psyched to announce the Weiss Deess Plug-in. Stop searching, start succeeding – this is the de-esser.
Available as a standalone plug-in, or as part of the Weiss DS1-MK3 collection (also including the cutting-edge Weiss Compressor/Limiter plug-in, and the fast and intelligent Weiss MM-1 Mastering Maximizer).
"The plugin has the same golden sound as the original hardware, with an intuitive interface, making it the best de-essing experience ever."Founder of Weiss Engineering
Have a listen
Dual band action
The Weiss Deess has two completely independent bands. Most de-essers have one, but almost no sibilant has a single-frequency focus, especially when you’re dealing with complex material or mastering applications.
Concentrate on what's important
The variety of filter shapes and excellent band-width control, allows you to home in on precisely what you need to deal with, without collateral damage.
Low latency mode
A low-latency mode allows you to de-ess in tracking, saving the tedium in the mix of what can often feel like a non-creative editing task. Nothing beats getting it right on the way in.
This product supports
We love VU meters, Bakelite knobs, and analog quirks. But we want modern precision and workflow. The answer? Softube Extended Features. Easy-access panels with the innovations you need close at hand.
"The various parameters and an easy on the eye interface are the key elements in this plug in. Quickly it can work its magic without having to go in detailed menus."Mastering Engineer for Faith No More, Yes, William Shatner, Walter Trout, Eric Gales, Rob Halford and Sepultura
Most de-essers – even modern digital or plug-in units – lack versatility, user-friendliness, appropriate visualisation, or quite simply don’t work like you hope they will.
With the Weiss Deess plug-in we aimed to create a truly useable de-esser for the modern studio; offering two fully-customisable bands, presenting the essential controls clearly, giving unparalleled visual feedback, and adding incredible monitoring options. Allied to the untouchable sound-quality of the Weiss DS1-MK3 digital algorithms, this is a new and better kind of de-esser.
A large, colorful, and intuitive display shows FFT readouts as well as your filter shapes, so you can clearly see what effect you’re having on your signal. The uncluttered GUI gives you a great visual information, but a side-menu allows control over everything. And we mean everything; ratios, attack and release times, knee settings, make-up gain and more.
The Weiss algorithms, code-ported from the gold-standard DS1-MK3 unit, provide world class de-essing precision, meaning that unlike many de-essers you can rely on the Weiss Deess to improve the sound of your material, even at relatively extreme settings.
It does the job effectively and transparently, without hassle or artefact. Your work will sound better if you use this than it will if you don’t. It’s as simple as that.
Console 1 Ready
This plug-in can be used within Console 1, our mixing system. Click to learn more.
- World class de-essing, with code-ported algorithms from the industry standard DS1-MK3.
- Two bands of de-essing. This is the only de-esser you’ll need.
- Stunning and intuitive visualisations make this de-esser a breeze to use.
- Clean tweak-and-go faceplate, with immensely detailed controls hidden in side-menu.
- Ultra-professional tool, but without the daunting, complex look.
- Low-latency mode allows you to de-ess while tracking a vocal.
- All the versatility you need in terms of filter shapes, frequencies etc.
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.38 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 12
- Windows 10 and 11 64-bit
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / Full Apple silicon support (M1 or higher)
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space)
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work. However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper, and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: We have checked the basic functionality of our plug-ins, and Softube Central, under Apple Rosetta 2.
With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST format. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo. The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE is no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page).
Find the Softube installer you need both Softube Central and individual plug-ins.
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?