- Improved sound; a total remodel from the ground up using our latest technology
- New features; side-chain low-cut filters and parallel blend
- Characterful and yet still versatile compression
Dynamics / Console 1 Ready / Amp Room Ready
Tube-Tech Compressor Collection
The Tube-Tech CL 1B is a modern classic for a very good reason. As a vocal compressor in particular, its mixture of characteristic warm slow opto gain reduction and surprisingly versatile can’t-sound-bad operation have made it a staple across a wider variety of genres than perhaps any other optical compressor. Classic rock, cutting-edge pop, rap and hip hop, EDM… you name it.
This Mk II version benefits from a complete ground-up sonic re-model, utilising another decade's worth of experience, technology, and know-how. It sounds better than ever. And it looks fresh too, with cutting edge high-res graphics. Not to mention the feature-update, adding side-chain low cut filters and parallel mixing.
Your new favourite compressor? It could just be.
"The new CL 1B plug in is a life saver! It just feels so 'right'. I own a hardware CL 1B (but just one), and this plug allows me to use it on as many tracks as I want... and the new Wet/Dry control is a game changer!"Grammy nominated songwriter and producer for artists such as Meghan Trainor and Jason Mraz
Have a listen
We’ve remodelled this luxury piece of studio hardware from the ground up, using our latest and best-ever component modelling and signal processing technology to give more detailed, punchier sound than ever.
With brand new high-resolution graphics, the CL 1B looks gorgeous even on 4K and ultra-HD screens. You’ll want to reach out and grab the knobs the second you see it.
Your mixes will enter a new realm of magnificence once you start applying this very special compressor to your tracks. Beef up drums, warm and smooth your vocals, or enrich your bass in seconds.
Long and happy partnership
As long ago as 2006, Softube formed a partnership with Tube-Tech of Lydkraft, Denmark, and began work on what would become the definitive plug-in representations of Tube-Tech’s best and most highly-prized analog hardware units.
In 2018 we released the updated Mk II versions; a total ground-up remodel of the CL 1B compressor, and a single combined EQ plug-in, taking advantage of our latest signal processing technology. We also added stunning high-resolution graphics and additional features to make the best even better.
When you start to use the CL 1B, you’ll be in control of a very special unit indeed – the tendency of an opto compressor is to grab hold fairly quickly but then take a while to fully reset, with a strongly exponential release curve. This means the transients are dealt with in a transparent way, but the larger body of the material benefits from a soft and musical levelling as the final ten or twenty percent of the gain reduction lingers before the next transient.
It’s a sound every mix engineer should have on lock-down for bass, acoustic guitars, vocals and much more.
Softube and Tube-Tech go way back. We first started working with the Danish hardware giants on plug-in adaptations of their products as far back as 2006, and our original CL 1B plug-in was a hit with producers, artists, and reviewers alike.
The Tube-Tech Mk II Compressor Collection includes the CL 1B Mk II compressor and the original legacy CL 1B compressor, ensuring your old sessions stay alive while allowing you to benefit from the updates. Owners of the original plug-in can upgrade for a minimal fee – log in to your Softube account for your personalised information.
BOOK A LIVE DEMO
The Softube + Tube-Tech partnership represents a step forward for already out-of-this-world products, not to mention a giant leap for your sound. Learn how to improve your workflow and harness the latest digital signal processing tech. Book a personalized video demonstration with our product demonstration team today. Learn more
Console 1 Ready
These plug-ins can be used within Console 1, our mixing system. Click to learn more.
Amp Room Ready
This plug-in can be used within Amp Room, Softube's pro audio guitar & bass platform. Click to learn more.
- Console 1 Ready: works as a native plug-in and in Softube Console 1, our mixing ecosystem. Learn more about Console 1
- Created in partnership with and endorsed by Tube-Tech
- A modern classic in a plethora of genres
- Great for vocals
- Characterful and yet still versatile compression
- A total remodel from the ground up using our latest technology, with improved sound and spectacular new high-resolution graphics
- New features: side-chain low-cut filters and parallel blend
- Also included: legacy version of the CL 1B plug-in
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.38 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 12
- Windows 10 and 11 64-bit
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / Full Apple silicon support (M1 or higher)
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space)
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work. However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper, and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: We have checked the basic functionality of our plug-ins, and Softube Central, under Apple Rosetta 2.
With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST format. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo. The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE is no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page).
Find the Softube installer you need both Softube Central and individual plug-ins.
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?