Modern Bass. Mix-ready Bass. Monoment Bass.
In the modern day, music production leans more heavily on bass than ever before. Although track counts can number a hundred or more, often the core of a song is built around little more than a beat, a vocal, and a rich, living bass sound.
So an instrument dedicated to just that – tailored to producing huge, solid bass tones with complex, organic overtones and focused effects for a mix-ready low end – is more than just useful. It’s foundational. Monoment Bass lays the groundwork for top-quality tracks every time.
All of the source material in Monoment Bass was recorded in stereo from high-end rare and boutique synths, giving huge, wide, and mood-defining sounds.
Including a purpose-built multi-band compressor, and a spatialization tool for fine-tuning your stereo image, Monoment Bass has great-sounding effects, but more importantly, the right effects for the job.
Amazing out-of-the-box sounds designed by Madison Mars, Vandalism, Sample Tools by Cr2, WA production, Black Octopus, and Function Loops, for finely tuned futureproof sounds from moment one.
"It’s very cool for the subs and those dirty bass sounds! I think it’s perfect for the low end and mid range bass jobs."DJ & Producer
Modern music, modern instrument
Working with sound designer and rare-synth-collector Tobias Menguser, we set out on this project to tackle the vital problem of amazing-sounding, weighty bass parts in modern music. In so many modern styles, from pop and hip hop to club dance genres and electro music, the bass occupies more and more of the spectrum and does more and more of the heavy lifting in production terms. So we’ve provided a carefully selected and expertly curated collection of top-end sounds from boutique synths by Schmidt, Nonlinear Labs and others, paired them with easy-to-use and awesome-sounding synth architecture, and high quality analog effects for modern, mix-ready bass in seconds.
Get complex quickly
Monoment Bass includes a two-layer source section, with all-stereo sources offering rich and evolving sounds. Nothing is static, and all the sources were recorded in triplicate, so there are three different samples per key for additional naturalism and life. The resulting sounds leap out of the speakers and grab hold of your track. Right out of the box and with minimal tweaking, this instrument has authority, weight, heft, power, character. The filter, LFO, and amp are all geared to musicians – you don’t need a degree in synth-geekery to use Monoment Bass – and the effects are designed step-by-step for just this crucial task.
Noise, dirt, magic
Using the aging knob, you can introduce a host of analog-ish imperfections to your bass sound. And a third noise source is available at all times, with multiple organic noise options, to add crunch to the attack or grit to the body of your sound. Add analog distortion, ambience, and tone-shaping in the effects section, and you’ll be surprised by the range of colorful living sounds your track can hold. Monoment, by virtue of its high input quality and carefully selected sculpting options, becomes more than a part of your mix. It’s the very core and heart of your mix.
"HOLYSHIT! This will be big."DJ Duo
- Super-high-quality bass synth with stereo source sounds from top-end boutique hardware
- Top-notch synth architecture that’s both versatile and easy to use
- Blend noise with two different sources at once for a textured and highly complex sound
- Professional presets from Madison Mars, Vandalism, Sample Tools by Cr2, WA production, Black Octopus, and Function Loops
- A heavy focus on modern bass sounds makes this the perfect addition to the forward-thinking studio
- Fills a soundstage with domineering weight and power, yet easy to mix thanks to dedicated effects
Have a listen
- 100 different stereo waveforms, each sample three times from boutique high-end synths.
- 15+ noise and attack waveforms
- 24, 12 and 6 dB low-pass filter with distortion
- LFO modulation (free running or tempo synced) on filter cut-off
- Filter envelope modulation
- Cross-over filter between source A and B
- 2 glide modes (legato and “always”)
- 2 types of distortion
- 5 types of stereo reverb
- Multiband Compression
- EQ (including 24 dB low cut)
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280x800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument’s page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of the DAW application is recommended.
AAX DSP is not in active development, but older products still support AAX DSP. For legacy TDM/VENUE, please see the Legacy Installers page.