In this release we did a lot of maintenance to both Mac and Windows versions, especially fixing a problem with Windows 10 DAWs. As the icing on the cake, we also added two new utility modules to Modular!
- We made updates to security certificates on both Mac and Windows to support new OS standards. Among other things this fixes the problem with crashes in some Windows 10 DAWs. The change unfortunately means that it is no longer possible to run the plug-ins in Windows XP or Vista.
- Modular: Added Dual Pan and Dual X-Fader utility modules.
- Console 1: Removed a CPU spike on Console 1 when starting playback using VST3 hosts.
- Console 1: Solo Safe is now not set when loading presets
- Console 1: Fixed bug that made it impossible to change auto display time
- Modular: Renaming Performance parameters now works on Windows.
- Modular: Fixed an issue where Modular FX would not receive MIDI when using Audio Units
- Cakewalk SONAR: Fixed a sound processing bug with Softube products that use Pro Channel 64-bit processing.
- Cakewalk SONAR: Fixed a crash when closing last instance of plugin.
- Studio One 3.3: Fixed crash in Console 1 and Modular.
- Transient Shaper: Fixed a minor meter issue.
- FET Compressor: Fixed an issue with the Gain reduction meter.
- Windows: Fixed an issue that could limit the amount of different Softube plug-ins you could use in a DAW or cause Pro Tools to fail to scan some plug-ins.
- Windows: Fixed an issue where trying to run VST3 plug-ins with a missing license could cause exceptions.
- Various performance tweaks and bug fixes.
- There are issues when running or scanning too many plug-ins in 32 bit DAWs on both Mac and Windows. The problems are caused by memory limits inherent in 32 bit hosts. Workarounds include rerunning plug-in scanning, uninstalling unused plug-ins or upgrading to a 64 bit DAW.
- Modular on Mac: Renaming Performance parameters the 32-bit DAWs that use Carbon is not supported.
- Mac: VST preset saving/loading won't work in Ableton Live (64-bit version) for all products except Console 1 and Modular